Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I will say that DynoJets give high numbers, but congrats and I look forward to seeing more of us post results of a few pulls!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #20
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Wow. 103? Nice. :)
Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #21
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
dude...103 thats crazy power... i think i might stop modding my car...thats just too powerful!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #22
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Ha.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
The million dollar question is did you take a baseline on the same dyno with your stock car and SAE correct the results? If not that 88-90 WHP number is pure speculation and it is hard to extrapolate any information from this thread. If that 88-90 number is legit, then we're working with something.

At any rate, I will say you seem to have good taste in mods. Thumbs up.
+1 This is one time I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Thing is,Dyno jets always rate high numbers,and i've seen laughable numbers come from certain dynojets. If he does have before and after numbers on the same dyno,there is no denying a 13whp gain. And thats awesome.

If I'm not misataken didn't sombody else dyno with all the same parts but with a megan header and get like 97 to the wheels?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #24
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Thumbs up good info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisdarkness View Post
alright what i pulled with those mods was 103.61 ... without the apexi grounding kit was 100.39...
awsome info... ive always wonder if grounding kits were a legit way to increase hp or just a way to flush $$$ down an engine bay... you've answered my question
fu_im_from_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:13 AM   #25
yarisdarkness

Drives: 3 door lb
actually i did take a base line with in 3 pulls i got 88 is the lowest and 90 is the max and with all the parts and grounding kit like mounted at different places to see which place gave optium power was at 103 but on a couple other pulls i got 100-101 back and forth but its in that range its nice it handles well and i enjoy every bit of the yaris now for the track to see whats up with it
yarisdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:32 AM   #26
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
Espiler springs, I call B.S. I contacted them and they had nothing available for the 07 yaris ? where did you get them and what's the part #
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 AM   #27
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisdarkness View Post
actually i did take a base line with in 3 pulls i got 88 is the lowest and 90 is the max and with all the parts and grounding kit like mounted at different places to see which place gave optium power was at 103 but on a couple other pulls i got 100-101 back and forth but its in that range its nice it handles well and i enjoy every bit of the yaris now for the track to see whats up with it
I'm still not sold on grounding kits but that is a decent gain for a few simple bolt ons. I think the DC header will be my next mod.

It should fit the sedan right
Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #28
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas View Post
Espiler springs, I call B.S. I contacted them and they had nothing available for the 07 yaris ? where did you get them and what's the part #
LoL he called BS on you Darkness! I seen them in person Dallas and oh they are real. I don't know much about you but I know a bit about Darkness. Having family that's in the performance industry helps a lot. Parts that aren't even sold officially to the public, finding hard to find item (Espilers), or getting the common stuff.
Oh they are real...oh and the feel of them. I swear it's better then stock when I drove his car. The strength of the springs, the softness of them, and the lowered looked. Bastard~!!! *ahem* Sorry...besides don't know why someone will be willing to say they have this type of springs if they really didn't.

As for the part #, I'm going to have to have Darkness answer that.
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #29
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
um... talk less and action more please... I want Dyno sheet thats action... Yes i see those stuff on your yaris... But i like proofs.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #30
Tapper

Drives: 2008 Black RS 2dr
Mine will be on the dyno (Mustang), stock no mods, at the end of september. Just have to get the car (Sept 17th) change the oil and convince my brother with a couple of wobbly pops. i'll let you know. It's an Rs 2dr std.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #31
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Couple comments:

Where are the charts?

Please try some punctuation yarisdarkness, your posts are tough on the brain...

Did you make environmental notes with the dyno pulls? Temp, humidity most importantly. When we are talking such small gains being a large overall percentage, all variables gotta be tracked. It's not uncommon to see Mustangs pull 5-7 hp different on the same dyno over just a couple of hours. That's only 2% change for them, but that's 6% for a yaris...

I'm a BIG Nay-Sayer (Nay I Say, Nay, Nay) as to trying to pull more power from a Yaris. I look at it from Toyota's perspective, If there was cheap hp to be had, it wouldn't have been left on the table in this micro car class... Can someone run the numbers on just the HP producing stuff to see what street price per hp would be?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #32
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdium View Post

I'm a BIG Nay-Sayer (Nay I Say, Nay, Nay) as to trying to pull more power from a Yaris. I look at it from Toyota's perspective, If there was cheap hp to be had, it wouldn't have been left on the table in this micro car class...
You have a valid point to an extent,one thing you should consider when these companys build these cars they cut down on intake and exhaust noise,which reduces performance. I think is safe to say they squeeze as much power they can while still keeping the car quiet. Hell when I got my 05 stang the first mod was to pull the carbon trap out of the intake and that was good for 5-8whp alone. They stopped putting them in the cars in late 05,yet they didn't raise the HP rating of the car,and infact the car stock was really about 315hp but rated at 300. So I wouldn't say they are always worried about HP #'s to sell cars. Somtimes companys will under rate HP just to not take sales from another car. E.I. LS1 F-Body cars vs. corvettes,same motor diff HP #'s.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:28 AM   #33
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead6T5 View Post
You have a valid point to an extent,one thing you should consider when these companys build these cars they cut down on intake and exhaust noise,which reduces performance. I think is safe to say they squeeze as much power they can while still keeping the car quiet. Hell when I got my 05 stang the first mod was to pull the carbon trap out of the intake and that was good for 5-8whp alone. They stopped putting them in the cars in late 05,yet they didn't raise the HP rating of the car,and infact the car stock was really about 315hp but rated at 300. So I wouldn't say they are always worried about HP #'s to sell cars. Somtimes companys will under rate HP just to not take sales from another car. E.I. LS1 F-Body cars vs. corvettes,same motor diff HP #'s.
All said is true. Never will a Yaris be underrated, what you see is basically what you get. As for the Mustang, Ford wasn't just under-rating to help out the perception of their new for 05 S197 GT in comparisons for the upcoming (SVT) Shelby (Cobra) GT500, they also had to deal with a backwards compare to their heavily underrated 03/04 Cobras. Also, 300 hp has a ring to it...

Want an interesting comparo? Check out the hp gains as a percentage for Intake/Exhaust/Tune in a Yaris compared to a GT500... Talk about underrated...

way off topic, leave me alone about it, I know...
Old 09-01-2007, 03:44 AM   #34
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I agree, you cant really compare two types of cars when it comes to bolt ons. a GT500 with a free-up bolt on set, will completely change the car, were talking about 50hp+ with just I/E/H, it just depends on the type of parts.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #35
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead6T5 View Post
You have a valid point to an extent,one thing you should consider when these companys build these cars they cut down on intake and exhaust noise,which reduces performance. I think is safe to say they squeeze as much power they can while still keeping the car quiet.
That, and the fact that they have to keep in mind the buyers who have no experience in cars or car maintenance, who expect a car to run reliably for 10 years (an image which certainly helps Toyota), if Toyota were to tweak it here and there, reliability may suffer, some parts may break down or overheat faster, heck some owners may never ever change their air filter (I've seen it...), or ignore the oil changes (why do you think only the USDM cars have a "It's time for an oil change!" idiot light?), but the car has to keep working through these horrible conditions. There's always a compromise somewhere, and thus there's always a bit of extra power to be squeezed out of a stock car...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:28 AM   #36
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
+1 here.

But you look at companies like Dodge, finally broke down and beefed up the SRT4... But dodge has the mentality now of HEMI SIZE IT!
Toyota has been doing this for how many years? Think back to the AE86, did they even know what a monster they created?

It just seems odd that Dodge can get the insurance companies to agree to a 250hp Sedan, but Toyota cant get them to insure a 150hp Hatchback.

I know it depends on weight and other factors, but even Honda is planning the 193hp Hatchback version of the SI.

I want a TRD Yaris.... not a 1.8L Yaris, I want a full turbo model with suspension to boot, at least give us a Touring model with full Sportivo shocks and struts, sitting on the 1.8 platform. Yet again I think to myself, its just an econobox.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote