Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #55
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Gracias. I'll just look at the scionlife website and see if I can't decipher the pinouts based on what you've shown here.
Post a link when you find it and I'll take a look.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #56
vitriumgts
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 32
My dealership parts dept friends can't seem to get a handle on D79 8 pin connector as the part number is invalid. Also, when I looked up the 2007 Yaris on toyodiy.com part number diagrams, there isn't a price listed for the 4 pin connector. Perhaps theres just no other way for me to find this connector?
vitriumgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #57
talnlnky
Audio Junky
 
talnlnky's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 1,412
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
I wonder if mouser or one of the other giant electronics parts shops would have that they of connector....?
__________________
talnlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #58
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriumgts View Post
My dealership parts dept friends can't seem to get a handle on D79 8 pin connector as the part number is invalid. Also, when I looked up the 2007 Yaris on toyodiy.com part number diagrams, there isn't a price listed for the 4 pin connector. Perhaps theres just no other way for me to find this connector?
I am going through the same thing trying to order the connector for the occupant classification ECU. To order connectors it appears that the person ordering has to have a valid VIN number for a vehicle that contains that connector. The EPC doesn't list the connectors, so the ordering Toyota person has to request the part (with a VIN) and then is given pricing.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #59
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
I wonder if mouser or one of the other giant electronics parts shops would have that they of connector....?
They have the pins, but the connector housings are custom.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #60
vitriumgts
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 32
I think 2008 models are too new to be in the database at dealerships because only the 2007 4 pin connector is readily in search systems.
vitriumgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #61
vitriumgts
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 32
so my friend bought a new corolla with his cash for clunkers rebate and his AUX assembly is 8 pin just like the 2008 yaris. I look very closely at the white connector while it was out and without any magnifying glass or a marker to make the numbers stand out, I managed to find out its a tyco electronic connector and i can only make out the numbers 12551 on it. But for sure I recognize the tyco font so I'll be researching this
vitriumgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #62
limochong
 
limochong's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: yyz
Posts: 21
thank guys for all the infos...especially Dave for photos ~~ i found my 4 pin connector at passenger side empty slot...it was bit hard to find this plug cause it was small and wrapped with tape with the wire bundle...anyway it was there exactly where Dave mentioned and bought the aux (stereo adapter assy.) around $33 canadian at local dealership. I have 2007 Yaris, Sedan.
limochong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #63
vitriumgts
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriumgts View Post
so my friend bought a new corolla with his cash for clunkers rebate and his AUX assembly is 8 pin just like the 2008 yaris. I look very closely at the white connector while it was out and without any magnifying glass or a marker to make the numbers stand out, I managed to find out its a tyco electronic connector and i can only make out the numbers 12551 on it. But for sure I recognize the tyco font so I'll be researching this
After a little digging at the Tyco Electronics website, a representative contacted me and according to the engineering department the 2X4 8 pin connector is: 175964-1

http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catal...&RQPN=175964-1

It looks to be a match. I'll be ordering one and see if I can finally link my yaris deck to an aux stereo jack
vitriumgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #64
Reeves360
 
Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan, 91 ToyotaTruck
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 132
Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
Tyco 175964-1

Does vitriumgts or anyone else know what the female part number is that matches the Tyco 175964-1?

I'm not even sure if one exists but I would prefer to have that add some wire to the correct pin locations and then splice on my RCA connectors or run the wires into my after market Pioneer stereo harness.

The reason I would like to do this is because I'm looking at possibly adding an extra AUX input for people in the back and I would also like to not hack up the existing AUX input to make it work with my new stereo. That way if I sell my car I can remove my stereo and none of the factory wiring would be touched.

Thanks for the help.
Reeves360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #65
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii
 
Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, Tx
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
I wonder if mouser or one of the other giant electronics parts shops would have that they of connector....?
funny you mention that..... i used to work for mouser so if anyone needs a large part order at cost i might still be able to help. they have connectors but the housing isnt gonna work....
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #66
vitriumgts
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 32
I'm having a very tough time ordering a single unit of this connector, and I'm working hard to even get a single sample. Its all Bulk orders or nothing. Can anyone provide any help?
vitriumgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #67
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevronTango View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I've got a yaris T3, unmodified since the day I bought it and was rather hoping I could add a stereo jack into the in car stereo. The stero looks like this btw

http://www.motiontrends.com/2006/m10...TS_console.jpg

though mine doesn't have the funky dash and air con above and below it. Anyway I did some reading and was told that it would have a set of aux cables by the Handbrake and gear stick. so I poked around and sure enough found a loose connector.

http://imgur.com/WCKEe.jpg
http://imgur.com/hZ6gp.jpg

however when I looked closer and peered around the net some more I became less convinced it was the right cable. For starters the colours on it were very odd, and didn't match anything I'd seen mentioned here or elsewhere.

http://imgur.com/MIzfY.jpg

if you can't easily make out the colours they are

pastel blue
white
brown
pastel green
white black

so I'm confused as to where to go next. is this right, am I even on the right lines. Is it even possible? Sorry if I sound a touch helpless, not really sure where else to turn.

No, that connector is not for the AUX jack, and that particular head unit does not support a direct plug in AUX jack.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #68
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevronTango View Post
So is there no way for me to get an aux input (3.5mm stereo jack) for that HU?
You may be able to find an aftermarket AUX adapter that works with your radio.

Possibly something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CTVTYX002-TOYO...item255b652ec5
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #69
evil03
 
Drives: yaris/pc3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: cail
Posts: 29
Calling CTSCOTT for help!

i have a 2007 LB 5 speed and it came with a factory 4 pin aux connector

i check the connection on the HU and the cables that to the aux port

connection is sold, cables all work using a ohm meter..

nothing is working....

you keep stating that LB has a 8 pin set up and sedans have the 4 pin??

please help
evil03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #70
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil03 View Post
Calling CTSCOTT for help!

i have a 2007 LB 5 speed and it came with a factory 4 pin aux connector

i check the connection on the HU and the cables that to the aux port

connection is sold, cables all work using a ohm meter..

nothing is working....

you keep stating that LB has a 8 pin set up and sedans have the 4 pin??

please help
According to the service manual, only Sedans used the 4 pin jack, but considering that only 4 pins are used, it really doesn't matter.

Check out the post below, as I suspect the switching mechanism within your port may be damaged:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...62&postcount=4
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #71
evil03
 
Drives: yaris/pc3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: cail
Posts: 29
the aux port looks to be in good

pin 3 and 4 is getting 2.6 ohm when a cable is plugged in

radio is model 11807
evil03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #72
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil03 View Post
the aux port looks to be in good

pin 3 and 4 is getting 2.6 ohm when a cable is plugged in

radio is model 11807
2.6 or 2.6K ?

I believe that jack is a Scion one, as the Yaris one has small text that is perpendicular, rather than parallel to the flap.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Aux Input Jack Adapter TinyGiant DIY / Maintenance / Service 11 11-10-2012 05:33 AM
Viper Alarm Install gwasabi In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 28 08-11-2010 02:57 PM
Hear noise when playing music with TomTom 910 through auxiliary audio input jack waylandchin In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 11 04-22-2007 12:25 AM
High pitched whine using stock head unit / aux input? IsLNdbOi In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 8 02-02-2007 12:49 PM
aux input... djfuji In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 3 01-23-2007 09:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.