![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I just got my self 20 pounds of MLV
Right on time! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
.
A couple of shots of the PB amp next to the small Pioneer amp... ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
.
I wired the tweeters from the PB amp and started playing with them for aiming and location, what can I say... ![]() You wouldn't believe me! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I've been playing with the tweeters aiming and location, the L1v2 sound really good HPF it's at 5kHz and up.
But I can't stand "on Axis" aiming, is that some thing I fix with the EQ or is typical of this particular tweeter? I'm going to install them on the "Sail Panels" to wide my stage as much as possible. SQcomp, I know you are going to say... "Off Axis"! Thank you, D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Diffractions after all do make a difference! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Just for the reccord...
You guys know I was using a 10" bazooka with 400watts RMS from my old Pioneer Class D amp When I put the PowerBass amp class A/B pushing 250watts RMS to the bazooka, the improvement was like day and night! so even with less power new technology and by using a class A/B amp, it's way much better. and I'm happy! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
But your still gonna put in the new sub, right?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
So we all know that resin aka MEK would melt the foam, so I added a layer of 5 minute epoxy to the foam spheres...
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
These are the spheres after the first layer of 5 minute epoxy...
![]() ![]() Tomorrow I'll put a layer of MEK with a some fiberglass... D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() Drives: Yaris 07 HB Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oz
Posts: 28
|
nice one, that should eliminate alot of diffractions.... also a little tip if your going to have your tweeters up high - a dash mat , i know alot of people dont like the look of them , but for such a simple addition the benefits a great , just eliminates a major source of reflections ;), pitty we cant carpet the windshield also ....
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
DashMatt it's been there for a few month now, I even made a small report on how good / bad = looks and works (in this thread). I have the Ltd. Edition and I'm happy with it! LINK ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
![]() Every body got sick at home )o: It's been a hard week with everything going on! ![]() I added a layer of Resin + MEK to the small spheres, it's cold we'll see how they look tomorrow. . Feliz Navidad Everybody! ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I've had the darn Flu as well, it's that time of the year = ( Hope the family feels better, and have a Merry X-mas Derick !
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
After all these festivities and family, I got a little chance to work on my hobby.
After the layer of 5 minute epoxy I did 2 layers of Resin, if it's stiff enough I'll take out the foam and reinforce the inside with fiberglass. ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Got the foam out the spheres (with Acetone)
The shell it's not very strong so I cut small strips of fiber glass and paste them inside the sphere with some spray glue, then added resin+MEK to reinforce the structure of the spheres. I'm sorry my camera ran out of batteries so I used a point and shoot, I'll post the pictures soon... D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The spheres without foam!
![]() Spheres with some Fiber Glass (I added more fiberglass as I was pouring the resin. ![]() Looks ugly now, but the spheres should be very solid by tomorrow! ![]() Next step is the add a wood baffle for the tweeter and match the spheres. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |