![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009 Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Quebec
Posts: 566
|
What have you used on the A pillar to do this texture ?
__________________
Interior:ALL red, black roof Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'ts a texture spray I got at Walmart that was on sale for $5 bucks. I did like it better before black paint, but I really wanted the a-pillars to be black.
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
mmm...I'll agree with PLDs.
Let me get this straight, you're not using the midrange anymore? Tweeter and midbass? I've got some alternate aiming on the A-pillars with some tweeter action in different areas (not in the kick). We'll compare notes. I wish we could listen to each other's setups. Too far away... Can you imagine what kind of trouble we could get in if we lived closer? Man! I suppose the other thing with mine is that I'm going for a two seat tune at some time in the future. We're both operating very different setups... ...Instead of muting your mid channel on the deck, just get into the initial setup and change it to a two way instead of a three way setup...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
CAPS ARE MINE
Quote:
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Everything is looking Great D. Just stopping by to say " whuddupp". Sq what's been good man, when you gonna make a trip down to TX. I moved down here at the end of July and am having a Blast, they have quite a few shows coming up .
Yo SQ have you guys ran into any of these yet at the shop ? Crunch CRBT-4 I'm thinking bout grabbing me a pair just to play around with. # 3-3/4" Full Range High Output Horn Tweeter # Power Handling * Peak: 250 watts * RMS: 100 watts # 1" Bullet type tweeter # 1" Extreme high temperature kapton voice coil # Machined die cast aluminum enclosure # 25mm x 7mm NdFeb magnet structure # 4 Ohm impedance # Sensitivity: 100 dB # Frequency Response: 1850-21,000 Hz
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 Last edited by _S7V7N_; 10-12-2011 at 10:53 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
There are several prisons in the state...They're always hiring. We have better weather than the East coast. Less snow, much less humidity, and less bugs!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
This crazy idea of the subwoofer was really GOOD!
it was AWESOME!!!, but with a penalty in power (SPL). I got really good Bass up front very natural but.... I was lacking of "cone area" so the very low end wasn't strong enough to blow your ears, not a bad thing for SQ at moderate volume... but I had to push the limits of the little subwoofer all the time. Like the race between a Prius and a BMW M3 where the Toyota was going as fast as possible and the M3 was just following behind. At the end the M3 did better MPG than the Prius. Here is the LINK just FF to minute 4 and watch. http://youtu.be/JmxUsGiGp3w D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
This little sub is one of the best experiences that I will remember for ever!
Great solution if you have a small trunk or don't have one. Don't subestimate the size of it's 6.5" woofer. It's just awesome! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ok, here are the first 100 miles of the I6SW...
(note that I all ready changed my signature, bye bye IDQ12) I have to be honest here... I was very exited this morning when I jumped in my car, and got my self going... the fist 10 miles... mmm, "Maybe I should use 2 I6SW" I was a little dissapointed maybe even more because I remember thinking "I'm moving back the IDQ up front" Well heading to my destination after 40 miles or so... I forgot I was testing the I6SW, and "What? this sounds good, feels like that little woofer it's growing" no kidding started to come alive! well sort of. By the time I was almost back home after 80 miles or so, I just couldn't believe it! I don't want to write here that "Hits Hard" it doesn't I'm sure I'm not going to wake up my neighbors, but the BASS up front is great! my chest, my arms, my shoulders are witness of this wonderful effect! When I got home with a big smile on my face, I can tell you... this is not a LOUD woofer, it doesn't shake the car like crazy, but man does plays "JUST RIGHT", This is what I wanted, some thing really cool, that sounds great, makes my music feel "BOLD" and at least to me a sweet spot for Sound Quality. And the fact that now I feel the BASS coming from the front, hitting my chest! vrs the BASS Shaking my seat and that rumble coming from the back. I really love having the BASS up front! You can tell I'm happy! ![]() Ok ok,... too many good things about it, so here we go it's not a little monster, that likes to play at super high volumes (I don't really listen music at super high volumes any whay) it's more sensitive to changes than the IDQ12, and it sounds really good with some music but I didn't like it when playing rap music, it just didn't feel right, maybe after a break in period I could give more details. I remember the same feelings when I installed my IDQ12, at the beginning was so-so, but after a while turned into a really good woofer. Now I have three 10" Kicker Solo Baric woofers, one 10" Bazooka tube, one IDQ12; all these sound great, I was impressed with the Bazooka, and the power handling of the Solo Baric, and the IDQ12 has a special place in my heart, but nothing compares to the feeling having the BASS up front where everything else is happening. For now the first two and a half hours took me from in-satisfaction to a "wow this sounds great, not bad for a 6.5" woofer" D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() Drives: TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN S ROJO Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PUERTO RICO
Posts: 73
|
SALUDOS DERICK TIENES FACEBOOK O MESSENGER QUIERO PREGUNTARTE ALGO GRACIAS
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Derick R Veliz-Montufar (Face Book) D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() Drives: TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN S ROJO Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PUERTO RICO
Posts: 73
|
PERDONA DERICK PERO NO TE ENCUENTRO PUEDES ENVIARME UNA SOLICITUD TU MY NONBRE
DAVID VELAZQUES FIGUEROA |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() Drives: TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN S ROJO Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PUERTO RICO
Posts: 73
|
DAVID VELAZQUEZ FIGUEROA
CON DOS Z EN VELAZQUEZ |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at in the beginning. It's a 6.5" woofer in a "simple" ported enclosure.
At no time should one expect this woofer to replace the IDQ 12". It just doesn't have the cone area or excursion to do so. BUT, for what you're using it for, an up front bass presence, this is a spectacular idea and execution Derick. Give us more on your conclusions.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
The I6SW sounds good, well not as good as the IDQ12 I6SW @ 200 miles, still a baby and making progress. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Crap! That is definately not what we want. Tonal accuracy and balance are parts of the overall picture. If your stage is that skewed then it doesn't present a proper audio picture. Does the band really move from a centrally located stage? No.
Tolm, Let's see your setup with the 12" wide than the pillar stage...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |