Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
Thanks for the help, guys!

Odd... from what I understood, that was an old wives (husbands?!) tale. Regardless, it's up on the shelf in the garage, so no worries either way. I just had it there for illustrative purposes. That and I didn't want to stub my toe on it while walking around the garage...

Interesting. So you are saying that you took the bracket out with the wiring bracket still attached to it? If not, it still might be worth a try. You know, take out both, then take out the wiring bracket where you have plenty of access to it. Then you could just attach it to the MI bracket and pop that back in... Hopefully we're on the same page, if not, maybe the way I see it in my head will work. (I hope we're on the same page, just to make it easier on my end. )
I remember when I was a kid, my dad was doing something to the family car, took the battery out and left it on the garage floor for a while, put the battery back in later and it was dead.
It's possible the battery could have just been dead anyway.
From what i've read lately, it's complete bollocks, so you're probably fine.

No, I took off the wiring bracket, but I didn't have to take out the battery tray. The black clip at the end of the wiring bracket that holds the wire unhooks and you can unbolt the wiring bracket much easier that way, it still stays on the wiring bracket itself, it just unhooks to release the wire from the wiring bracket so you can get to the bolt to take off the wiring bracket.
Bear in mind, all the bolts for the shifter cable bracket and wiring bracket are torqued down pretty tight, so you'll need something to put some leverage on it in order to get them loose.

Here's a picture of the clip i'm talking about.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_griffin6 View Post
No, I took off the wiring bracket, but I didn't have to take out the battery tray. The black clip at the end of the wiring bracket that holds the wire unhooks and you can unbolt the wiring bracket much easier that way, it still stays on the wiring bracket itself, it just unhooks to release the wire from the wiring bracket so you can get to the bolt to take off the wiring bracket.
Bear in mind, all the bolts for the shifter cable bracket and wiring bracket are torqued down pretty tight, so you'll need something to put some leverage on it in order to get them loose.
I think we were on the same page. I just had the brilliant idea that you might be able to remove the shift cable bracket with the wiring bracket still attached. But, if you look at the bracket from the back (from the TRD instructions):

The silver cable bracket looks like it's just a little too in the way to be avoided.

---

The worst part about today's work:

No light in the garage = open the door and use sunlight. So, rain delay!

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote