Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Rear axle swap out for disc brake upgrade + 5 lug conversion

Aloha YW! I hope everyone is being healthy and staying safe. I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't wait to put behind this pandemic that's crippling the world. In the mean time, I'm staying at home unless absolutely necessary to go out.

While at home, I get to sit down more to think and surf the internet. I've revisited some of the old threads here, and also some more recent ones, taking your ideas as to what I can do my Dee Dee.

I'm almost done with all the exterior mods that I want to do, just looking for side skirts that are decently priced, and waiting for the weather here in SOCAL to get warmer, so I can color match the added bodykit and spoiler. I'm having a dilemma picking which wheels to get, the title should give you an idea why.

After addressing the exterior mods, I obviously want to tackle the performance portion next. I'm aiming to do an engine swap, then handling upgrades, like brakes, sway bars, then suspension in that order I think. Or I might just keep my current suspension set up. I'm on Tein's lowering springs right now, the first thing I did to Dee Dee, and already I felt a significant change in her handling, lower center of gravity and less body roll. And I like how the ride is still comfortable. I'm not going to track her much, if at all, so I don't feel the need for a full coilover upgrade. What do you guys think? Anyone out there using TEIN Street Advance Z Adjustable Coilovers? How's your ride comfort?

So like I said, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and revisiting of the threads. There's old thread about five lug conversion, and there's threads about rear disc conversion upgrade. Well, I was coming out of a grocery store on Saturday, and a Scion xB was parked next to me. Not the old boxy ones, but the more newer model with five lugged wheels. Anyway, I just realized how huge the rear rotors are! According to AutoZone, they're 279mm in diameter! The front are 275mm. That's a hell of an upgrade if I could ever get them to fit my Dee Dee. Soooo... I was wondering if the Scion xBs rear axle would fit our car? And for the front, would the xBs front wheel hub spine fit the Yaris' or xDs, or whatever that can be substituted to mate to our transmission. I guess I have some researching to do.
So this is where my dilemma lies, choosing between 4 lug wheels or 5 lug wheels? LOL! The wheels I have in mind are 16X8 ET 25, wrapped in 195/50. I've seen some 4X100 in that configuration, not sure about 5X114.3 though.
I guess it can wait for now, cause right now all this plan is just in my mind. Who knows when I'll get to the next step of the plan.
My apologies if I'm just rambling, I just thought I wanted to share.
Be safe everyone, and stay healthy.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote