Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #109
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I've tried many of the waxes and polishes on the market, and none of them can even come close to comparing with Zaino. The shine it produces is the best I've ever seen, and no other wax/polish lasts even close to as long. I've had Zaino still beading water on my vehicles after a year, and they're always parked outside. I won't use anything except Zaino. For best results, wash vehicle with Dawn dish soap, use clay bar, then apply Zaino. The results are nothing short of astounding!

That's a mighty fine opinion, and while Zaino makes good products, as a pro detailer, I can assure you there's better. For less money.

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #110
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

In fact, here's the proof.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:01 AM   #111
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
That's a mighty fine opinion, and while Zaino makes good products, as a pro detailer, I can assure you there's better. For less money.
It definitely looks good, but I've seen Zaino shines that good. What is it and how long does it last?
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #112
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
black cars will look good on Merguiar, Ice, Mother... if you put a little bit time into it, me i do wax my car once a month, or polish it and wax it once a month-I know it's a waste but that is my habit and it's make me and my car happy. :)
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #113
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
In fact, here's the proof.
That is a bad ass job there Nimble, bad i mean in a good way.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #114
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Lol thanks Jamal!

No worries grampi, I used to use Zaino, so I know its merits. The old Z2 was *plasticy* looking in my eyes, especially on black and red cars. The new Z5 pro is a nice compromise of looks and the durability of a sealant. The pics of the Yaris is with duragloss 105 tpp, a sealant ($9.99 for 16oz, less than 1/2 the price of Z5 pro). All the rest are with my fav wax, Clearkote Carnauba moose wax. http://store.danase.com/clcamowax.html

Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #115
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Oh and the DG 105 tpp will easily last as long as Zaino sealants, i.e. 5+ months. The wax is a decent durability for a wax, about 3 months. I can't wait 6 weeks to add/change what's on my Yaris, so 6 months+ is a waste for me unless it's winter.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #116
grampi

Great! I will give the DG a try as I like to try new (even if they're only new to me) products all the time for comparison sake. Where do you buy this stuff? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #117
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
questing about ice anyone.. should i used ice then wax or wax then ice it..and what is the best paint sealer out there..im scared to use one due to it might damage the clear coat...??
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #118
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Great! I will give the DG a try as I like to try new (even if they're only new to me) products all the time for comparison sake. Where do you buy this stuff? Thanks.

The cool thing about DG products is that they are available locally via Carquest and other places. You may have heard the craze over "Aqua Wax," well if so, they also make that product. It's a spray sealant/gloss enhancer that works amazingly well. Check duragloss.com for local places that have it. I think Napa does too. Online, Autogeek has it for good prices.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #119
grampi

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #120
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
remember to checkout echo_hrs. his car has a deep outstanding colour and shine. I think he uses Zaino, that shit is really good!!!!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #121
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
questing about ice anyone.. should i used ice then wax or wax then ice it..and what is the best paint sealer out there..im scared to use one due to it might damage the clear coat...??
Are you talking about Turtle Wax Ice? If so, I wouldn't bother with it.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #122
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

The main thing I find alarming about online forum "wax speak" is that many view it like this.

Turle wax, mother's, etc (over the counter items) vs ZAINO (the ONLY boutique product!!!!)

It gets annoying because I feel for you guys that only hear the word Zaino and jump like God just entered the building. In truth, their entire product line is avg at best. Even the sealants are bettered by other companies.

I mention companies like Clearkote, Jeff's Werkstatt, Optimum, Four Star, Einszett, Finish Kare, Collinite, Pinnacle, Poor Boy's, Chemical Guy's, P21S, etc and you all draw a blank. It's not your faults (you don't detail for money like I do). I'm just saying taking some time to actually research before aimlessly listening to some herd of Zaino nazis on the forums and their recommendations....."DUDE, I'VE GOTZ 54 COATS OF ZAINO ON MY RIDE....IT SHINES LIKE THE DICKENS!!!!!

Ok, now I feel better.....

Justin....dispelling the Zaino myth one forum at a time. ;)

Old 06-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #123
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
I agree I agree . All I hear over at Autopia is use Zaino, its the only thing that works great with that colour, or the durability of this product is nothing compared to Zaino. I haven't personally used Zaino cause I won't fork over the money for a mediocre product when I can buy something better in town for much less. Like Duragloss. I just wish some more of the products listed would be available locally, I hate ordering online stuff. I'd love to get some einzett. I don't even professionally detail, I just love to keep my car spotless.

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #124
keesue
Chillin' out by the Bay

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
If you clean the paint and polish it, whatever wax/sealant you use will shine at its best. The issue then becomes how long they last. ICE tends to last the shortest while the harder paste waxes last the longest. Sealants, as a general rule, last for months. Everything else in between is just hype. The differences are so miniscule they don't justify the price difference (assuming one can see them side by side on the same car). If you clean, polish and keep it ICE'd up, you're good to go in my experience. I keep mine ICE'd to the bone. Got it from Chino Charles.
keesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #125
keesue
Chillin' out by the Bay

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I forget to mention that I use Meguairs to clean and polish. I seal it up with NXT and keep it ICE'd up from there. These products are available OTC. ICE is fantastic.
keesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #126
r300f28

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I agree with jamal1984. The Black Magic goes on fairly easy, but is a pain in the arse to get off. You have to keep rubbing & rubbing and still it doesn't come off clean. Allot of work for an average shine. Won't use it again.
r300f28 is offline   Reply With Quote