Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #217
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
Bingo. This thing isn't hard to wire up at all.

I have a guide for this, I just haven't posted it up yet. Also need to wire up my cam and crank wires still.
Not hard for you. lol

Without some clear cut pin-outs of which wires I need from the ECU it might be a little difficult for me

EDIT: Ahh. I see you have a guide on the way. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #218
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
eeeeek 2k i thought it was around $1200 ill have to recheck that thread
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #219
sleey0

I am sure he said $2k. maybe you are right.

He was going to cut a deal with someone here to test it out so he can get some more customers, but that was an exception.

Regardless, I think that would be overkill for me. As long as focus put up that guide I will be fine:D
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #220
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Quote:

I have a guide for this, I just haven't posted it up yet. Also need to wire up my cam and crank wires still.

EDIT: Here's a quick excerpt of wiring:
FIC Power (IGN PWR) - A21-1 or A21-2
FIC Gnd (PWR GND) (SIG GND)- C20-104
Injector 1 (INJ 1 IN/OUT)- C20-108
Injector 2 (INJ 2 IN/OUT) - C20-107
Injector 3 (INJ 3 IN/OUT)- C20-106
Injector 4 (INJ 4 IN/OUT)- C20-105
MAF (MAF IN +/OUT +)- C20-118
TPS (TPS+)– C20-115
Cam+ (CAM1 MAGI+/MAGO+) - C20-99
Cam- (CAM2 MAGI-/MAGO-)- C20-121
Crank+ (CRK MAGI+/MAGO+)- C20-122
Crank- (CRK MAGI-/MAGO-)- C20-121

ECM pinout: http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...risControl.pdf

Then, of course, some wires are tap while others are intercept. The guide I wrote AND the FIC manual details how they should be attached. It's cake tbh. No reason to spend $500 unless you're deathly scared of doing wiring, at which point I wonder how you have the balls to install a supercharger but not make a couple splices.
With these pics. Its about all U need for a install guide
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0752.jpg (116.3 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0754.jpg (306.9 KB, 260 views)
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #221
sleey0

You guys ROCK!

Thanks!

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #222
sleey0

Quote:

EDIT: Here's a quick excerpt of wiring:
FIC Power (IGN PWR) - A21-1 or A21-2
FIC Gnd (PWR GND) (SIG GND)- C20-104
Injector 1 (INJ 1 IN/OUT)- C20-108
Injector 2 (INJ 2 IN/OUT) - C20-107
Injector 3 (INJ 3 IN/OUT)- C20-106
Injector 4 (INJ 4 IN/OUT)- C20-105
MAF (MAF IN +/OUT +)- C20-118
TPS (TPS+)– C20-115
Cam+ (CAM1 MAGI+/MAGO+) - C20-99
Cam- (CAM2 MAGI-/MAGO-)- C20-121
Crank+ (CRK MAGI+/MAGO+)- C20-122
Crank- (CRK MAGI-/MAGO-)- C20-121

ECM pinout: http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...risControl.pdf

Then, of course, some wires are tap while others are intercept. The guide I wrote AND the FIC manual details how they should be attached. It's cake tbh. No reason to spend $500 unless you're deathly scared of doing wiring, at which point I wonder how you have the balls to install a supercharger but not make a couple splices.
Start a new thread to be stickied with the full guide, whenever you post it.

THANKS!

Oh, and I guess it is time for you to get tuned and see what that little supercharger can do! HA!

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #223
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

500$ for that boomslang harness is crazy unless your going to remove your turbo. And beleve me, once that turbo is on your only going to want more boost. Just ask Garm! I installed the wiring shown above in about 4-5 hours with a soldering iron solder and shrink wrap. I would have been a lot shorter if I had the info above. I spent most of the time checking sensor wiring diagrams in the toyota service manual. And then rechecking. And then sometimes even checking a third time cause I was drinking LOL
Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #224
sleey0

Hahaha. I think I'll leave the drinks when I do mine. Quik connects, FTW!

Too funny....

Yeah, $500 is a lot. But you just plug it in and your done in, what, 30 seconds? AND your OEM wiring isn't cut so if you want to put it back to stock to sell it or something it makes life way easier.

It is rape for $500 but what are ya gonna do when there are no other options for a jumper harness?

Looking at it now I will wire it myself. I thought there would be more wires looking at that FIC harness. There are like 100 wires hanging off that thing!

EDIT: Can someone confirm that the Vitz RS e-manage harness is exact to our cars? I can get one of those for like $200 and just wire in the FIC!:D

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #225
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
500$ for that boomslang harness is crazy unless your going to remove your turbo. And beleve me, once that turbo is on your only going to want more boost. Just ask Garm! I installed the wiring shown above in about 4-5 hours with a soldering iron solder and shrink wrap. I would have been a lot shorter if I had the info above. I spent most of the time checking sensor wiring diagrams in the toyota service manual. And then rechecking. And then sometimes even checking a third time cause I was drinking LOL
Holy... Don't tell me you wired up the FIC without using that nice and neat ECM pinout hosted on Power Enterprise's site?

Oh and also, I assume you used those wires I listed for the cam and crank? I need to wire mine in still, but I'm guessing that's the correct wire combo.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #226
sleey0

Yeah, make sure those cam and crank pins are correct.

Wouldnt' want someone to wire it up and it be wrong. lol

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #227
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
Holy... Don't tell me you wired up the FIC without using that nice and neat ECM pinout hosted on Power Enterprise's site?

Oh and also, I assume you used those wires I listed for the cam and crank? I need to wire mine in still, but I'm guessing that's the correct wire combo.
I used the toyota service manual witch took a little longer. I had to find the wiring diagram for each sensor and figure out witch wire is the sensor output. But in the end I have it wired the same as U. And yes my cam and crank are wired the same as in your little chart. I havent hooked up the fic yet, I will do it later today. I did hook up the jumper bypass connector and started my car with no check engine light. So I think I done good
Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #228
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I would sure like to see someone try the Boomslang at some point. Just to know the wiring is correct with it.

So fun to watch your builds come up, guys!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #229
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

I set up a base map today. As it turned out it was very rich. About 10/1. Then I did some minor adjustments and I got my air/fuel ratio in the 11.5/12.7 range. I will still do some more adjustments. I am surprised at how well the stock injectors are doing at 7psi. This thing was very intimidating at first, but after playing around with it I think I'm getting the hang of it. I may have to clamp the mass air in the future as I can feel the transition from closed to open loop fueling.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #230
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
I set up a base map today. As it turned out it was very rich. About 10/1. Then I did some minor adjustments and I got my air/fuel ratio in the 11.5/12.7 range. I will still do some more adjustments. I am surprised at how well the stock injectors are doing at 7psi. This thing was very intimidating at first, but after playing around with it I think I'm getting the hang of it. I may have to clamp the mass air in the future as I can feel the transition from closed to open loop fueling.
So how exactly did you do it? Give me ALL the details
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #231
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
So how exactly did you do it? Give me ALL the details
To be honest, it would be a lot of typing. I think my fingers would cramp. If You would like PM me your phone # and I can walk U through it using my puter at the same time. Its not as bad as U think. Let me know when is best time to call as well.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #232
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Question for the boosted?????? What spark plugs should I be runing with boost? A NGK number would be helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #233
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Question for the boosted?????? What spark plugs should I be runing with boost? A NGK number would be helpful.
That depends on what you plugs look like, but generally one heat range colder.

Here's NKG's website. The 5 is your heat range, so you need a 6 for one step colder.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #234
sleey0

Most here run heat 7.

I bough ik22's for my buil which are 22 (heat range 7)

xbgod - 9/23/2010