Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Went and looked at a yaris Sport!

There's a used 3dr Sport edition at one of my local used dealers, got bored and went and looked at trading my yaris for that one. all black, tinted windows, 5 speed. Full body kit, manual windows, mirrors, and locks. upon offering mine as a trade they swore something was wrong since no one in their right mind would "downgrade" to all basic options( I have all power). what the website didn't say is it was reconstructed, like mine. it got hit in the back passenger fender :( you can see the body work mainly because of buffing swirls. the right taillight doesn't line up just right, and the lift-gate doesn't shut properly because of it. they did an ok job getting the quarter panel to be straight, the inner fender is almost back to normal. The muffler is smashed, the spare tire well is crinkled too..... The frame rails in the back did not seem to be affected, but i want to look again. I'm debating taking the photos i snapped to a body shop and seeing what they quote to do it properly if they can from seeing pics. I will upload pics as soon as photobucket allows me to, lol.

My Yaris is reconstructed from a front end collision, and all-though the guys who repaired it could have done better, to someone who doesn't know what to look for, you'd never know. especially now that my bumper lines up near correctly, lol. If this sport has proper alignment and i can get the remainder of the body fixed for a good price, i may trade it in.

I would swap my stickerbombed pieces. I already got the agreement to return mine to 100% stock. they'd even let me swap my air filter :O
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote