Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #91
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
if i had to go back in time i wouldn't change. I was looking for a 2 door hatch, the Yaris was one of 3 on the market. I think the other two were hyundai/kia. No choice at all.

If I was choosing now, it would be a much longer process, so many good 2 door hatches.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #92
Superfly
Makin' it rain

Drives: 2012 Silver Yaris LE
Honestly, if I could go back in time I would probably opt for something with a better finance rate. My sis bought a Corolla with 0% financing and is almost done paying half of it off and I still owe so much because the Yaris is standard bank rate at most of the dealerships I checked out regardless of my credit score or downpayment. Outside of financing, I would not change my decision. My Yaris is a good compromise on fuel efficiency, power, handling, storage space, and size. I'm not in love with my Yaris but it is suited for me and my practical needs more than the competitors. I cannot wait for 2014-15, though, as most companies are going to be rolling out new productions and redesigns that are sounding sweet.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #93
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
I shoulda bought a 5door back in 07

OR

given the timing, 07 fits were $1000 off to match the eco-rebate offered by the government. Just too bad the drivers seating position didn't suit my wife
Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #94
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
I shoulda bought a 5door back in 07

OR

given the timing, 07 fits were $1000 off to match the eco-rebate offered by the government. Just too bad the drivers seating position didn't suit my wife
I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought it felt weird. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #95
jRoss

Drives: 2010 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
Honestly, if I could go back in time I would probably opt for something with a better finance rate. My sis bought a Corolla with 0% financing and is almost done paying half of it off and I still owe so much because the Yaris is standard bank rate at most of the dealerships I checked out regardless of my credit score or downpayment. Outside of financing, I would not change my decision. My Yaris is a good compromise on fuel efficiency, power, handling, storage space, and size. I'm not in love with my Yaris but it is suited for me and my practical needs more than the competitors. I cannot wait for 2014-15, though, as most companies are going to be rolling out new productions and redesigns that are sounding sweet.
Can't you refinance after awhile and get a better rate? I'm in the same boat.
jRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #96
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_griffin6 View Post
You know...at first I didn't like the Yaris, I wished that we had got a Fit instead. To me, the Fit was a better car all around and it probably still is.

But once I started to drive the Yaris I got attached to it, it's like the Yaris has personality to it, it has character. The Fit is probably the better car, but I don't see myself becoming as attached to it as my Yaris. The Yaris makes me feel happy whenever I drive it, that's a quality not many cars have...but to me it's what makes the Yaris special.

Plus, the Yaris is more rare in my area, so it's like i'm driving a unique car.
Only thing Honda does better than Toyota is Motorcycles.

But my Yaris is perfect, well it could get 100 mpg, but for now it's just fine @ 40.

And my Honda VFR is perfect as well.

To me the Honda FIT looks cheap. I dont care for the sharp lines/angles. I also dont feel it will age as well as a 2 door Yaris.
UberSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #97
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
i wouldn't have tried taking on two brand-new car payments within a year or so of each other. the first yaris i have no regrets-we now own it payment-free! the second one(another yaris) was a mistake and i should have just bought a used corolla/civic/etc. for half the money. life would have been a lot easier! lesson learned.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #98
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
I just wish the damn rear windows rolled down. Great ride otherwise.
Ted the dog

A few trips into town in the Yaris, and then I start feeling guilty as Ted doesn't get the full driving experience from his opening windowless jump seat where the rear seat used to be. So then I'll take the 2000 Rav4, (same deal, jump seat where the rear seat used to be, but 4 door w power windows) and while he enjoys the hell out of it, I cringe at the ScanGauge reading when arriving back at home, as compared to the Yaris, and can't help doing the math. It usually costs me a buck or two extra. I keep track on this excess cost, and will bill him at some point.

Tom the Yaris owner 08 HB
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #99
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
the thing about the Fit is that the only person that appreciates it in stock form is the owner. the thing about the Yaris hatch is it appeals to more people, while with the Sedan not even the owner appreciates the style. lol.

seriously speaking, the best part about Toyotas is the engine power being available on the low-rpm band. i believe it is less about the driving experience but more about the fuel economy. with Hondas you have to rev it out for you to get "that" driving experience.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #100
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
The 3rd Gen body style is growing on me (both 3-door and 5-door). The only 3 things I can think of (off the top of my head) that I really dislike about the 3rd Gen are: 1. The two tone seats (not an improvement over the arguably lamentable 'polka dot'...but both 2nd and 3rd Gen = easily corrected via aftermarket covers, or less easily by seat replacement) 2. Miss the 'old school' keyed latch (like mine) for the hatch (a relatively minor issue) 3. The dash (as previously mentioned on this thread....but I left out that this has nothing to do with the change re location of the instrumentation).
A few days ago I got behind a '13 Yaris at a stoplight. I noticed that it had what looked like a keyed hatch opener on the 'chrome strip' on the hatch. Is this new for the '13? I sat in a '12 at a Toyota dealership when they first came out, walked all around it, and I don't remember seeing this keyed opener. Is it on the '12 as well? I tried searching (text and pictures) and couldn't find any text that would answer my question and the pictures I've found don't allow for a clear enough zoom to answer the question.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #101
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
^^^^^ Anyone? Is it on the '12 as well?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #102
RABYARIS

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3D AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
Greetings Yaris Worlders.....

Be honest, if you could go back in time and do it again, would you buy the Yaris again or would you opt to buy another car, say the Honda Fit? When I drove the Fit (after I bought the Yaris), I have to admit I had buyer's remorse. If I could do it again, I'd probably go with the Fit.....
Being honest, if I could go back in time I would not marry the same WOMAN again!!! But Yaris is for TODAY, TOMORROW and FOREVER...Not one single regret....
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #103
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Quote:
^^^^^ Anyone? Is it on the '12 as well?
Are you referring to being able to open the back hatch with a key? If so, yes the 2012 has this. I apologize if I misinterpreted you.
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #104
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
Are you referring to being able to open the back hatch with a key? If so, yes the 2012 has this. I apologize if I misinterpreted you.
Yes, that is what I wanted to know, . I missed seeing it when I looked at a 2012 when they first came out. I even mentioned it to the salesperson. Obviously he didn't know his own product well enough to point out that it does have this. I mentioned to him that I would miss that feature.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #105
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Yes, I'd do it again. Our Yaris has been great so far. Clutch was replaced under warranty with a $40 upcharge for the TRD unit. Other than that, it's been nearly trouble free. Consistently high 30s for mileage, still fun to drive, still love the look. Coming up on six years later, I still love this car. Funny thing is, this is the longest I've ever owned any vehicle since getting my license in 1994.

For me the bigger question is would I buy another one. While the Yaris is a great car, there seem to be a lot of other great subcompacts out there. I'd likely have to consider the Chevy Sonic Turbo, Honda Fit, and possibly the Mazda2 in addition to a Yaris (likely and SE with a manual).
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #106
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABYARIS View Post
Being honest, if I could go back in time I would not marry the same WOMAN again!!!
This may have to do with your location . I lived there for 6 1/2 years, and I'm glad I didn't marry any of the women I dated while living there.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #107
RABYARIS

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3D AT
Quote:
This may have to do with your location . I lived there for 6 1/2 years, and I'm glad I didn't marry any of the women I dated while living there.
I agree with you 100%...I am originally from the east coast and some times I think i did not just move to another state but to another state of mind. It's the weather that I can't seem to give up.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #108
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
Greetings Yaris Worlders.....

Be honest, if you could go back in time and do it again, would you buy the Yaris again...
I would make sure to get at least a 2008.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote