Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
Wow, my Yaris got in an accident. You won't believe the situation

OK

I have heard of stupid things but this one is right up on the list
----------------------------------------------------------------

October 30, approx 1:30pm
sunny, 41deg, wet roads, no ice, some slush on sides but not in road.

was traveling east northeast on Foster Road Burlington Ma
(nearest intersection is Bradford road and Foster Road)

approx 15mph there was a Blue 2010 Sienna van a few car lengths in front of me traveling same speed and direction.

The van slowed and came to a complete stop in the middle of Foster Road.

I also safely stopped approximately 15 yards behind the van.

I wonder what is going on, because the road was clear and there was no apparent reason to stop in the middle of the road. So I waited.

Then for no apparent reason and no type of signal from the Van driver, the Blue van reverse lights came on, then backed up and proceeded to come toward me. No time for me to react, and I was afraid to suddenly reverse my own vehicle in case someone was behind me. I held the brake and honked my horn repeatedly to no effect. The van continued to reverse into my front bumper, slamming my car. Then the van driver stopped.

Visible damage to the Yaris is: cracked bumper near driver headlight, damaged
front wheel well plastics, damaged and scraped paint, visible front end bumper
misalignment.

the other driver exhibited such a douchtastic level of driving prowess I had to post it up
Attached Images

Last edited by A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby; 11-01-2011 at 03:40 PM.
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Any witnesses?

Hopefully, Mr. Douchetastic won't try to claim that you rear ended him.
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

yah he freely admitted fault, his daughter was in the van, and his house is 2 doors
down and his wife came over and he freely admitted fault. I explained it to my
insurance company and they said that should be no problem...just go get it
appraised (they will meet me at my work) and then go get it fixed...

zero cost to me,
except a pain in the arse to deal with...
Old 11-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

this is not me,

it is Mr. Derp observing his handiwork
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Yikes, about the same thing happened to me in the commuter lot at school today!

As I was pulling out of a spot (forward), I see that a girl is backing out one spot over across the lane, so I stop. She just keeps backing up, and I think to myself, 'This idiot is going back right into the front of my car!'

So, I lay on the horn and she just keeps backing up, the whole time I can see that not once did she look behind her, she just was looking out of her side window. Luckily, she stopped inches away from my front bumper.

Sorry to hear you weren't as lucky, but seriously, what's wrong with a person that they would throw a car into reverse and not once look behind them to see that, oh gee, there's another car back there?

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
whats up with the stupid accidents lately.. A friend backed into my yaris saturday night when leaving a party. dented and scratched my drivers door, thats it.. but Sibling Rivalry car show is in 2 weeks and autox the next day..

Sorry to hear about this mishap.. What was he doing? What was his excuse for not looking behind him while he was driving in reverse?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
I think it was an attempted suicide. Wife, kids, drives a van... Just look at his face, the guy is miserable!

BTW - Did he explain why he stopped and reversed for no apparent reason?

P.S. If you haven't already - check out the threads for replacement horns and get yourself a nice loud set.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
time to get an oem S bumper
Old 11-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
P.S. If you haven't already - check out the threads for replacement horns and get yourself a nice loud set.

Mine has been on a couple weeks and let me tell you that it has already saved my car and me some serious pain twice!

Sorry to hear about the mishap dingo...people are getting worse and worse on the roadways.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

I am thinking of a train horn in my future
Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I think it was an attempted suicide. Wife, kids, drives a van... Just look at his face, the guy is miserable!
LOL. Obviously!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I GOT IT!

If you ever rearend someone CLAIM HE BACKED INTO YOU!
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby View Post
I am thinking of a train horn in my future
I've been wanting a train horn for my car for a while now.

The problem is...you need an air compressor and other stuff. Which does come with the kits i've seen, but I have no idea where to put it.

Hope your Yaris get's fixed soon! My Yaris got backed into as well, it's crazy how people don't pay attention.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #14
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
but seriously, what's wrong with a person that they would throw a car into reverse and not once look behind them to see that, oh gee, there's another car back there?
I teach driving, and the amount of people who think it's normal to back up while looking forward is insane. It's one of the things I nag people about the most.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #15
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageehw View Post
I teach driving, and the amount of people who think it's normal to back up while looking forward is insane. It's one of the things I nag people about the most.
Wow. Just wow. I don't know how you'd ever keep your sanity teaching folks that would even think that would be normal. That's pure idiocy.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
What was his excuse for backing up?

Wait till you hear this one. I always park way out in parking lots to avoid door dings. A couple months ago I parked in the farthest out spot behind a guy maybe early 60's on a cell phone in a Cadillac, gabbing away. I had a funny feeling about pulling in behind him but did anyway. His car was facing out of the parking space so if he was leaving, he would pull straight out. The front end of my car faced his trunk.

I get out of my car and I'm halfway across the parking lot when I hear BAM!!! I knew before I turned around, it was my car. He backed into my car when there was no reason for him to be backing up.

He started to pull away but I ran over and stood in front of his car and every other word out of my mouth was "you stupid MF". He was either going to run me over or turn off his car. I screamed at him to turn his MF piece of crap car off.

Then I went over to the driver's door and every other word out of my mouth was you stupid MF - WTF are you doing? Can't you f'ing drive??? He got out and went around to the back and I was afraid to look but there wasn't a thing wrong with the front of my Yaris and he hit it hard! I had some bug splatter on the front bumper and got a towel out to wipe it off to make sure the bug splatter really wasn't paint.

Normally I'm a very easy-going person, but something came over me and I shoved him up against his car and he said "woman don't touch me again or I'm calling the police" and I said you go right ahead and I will get you for trying to leave the scene, all the while calling him a stupid MF.....I told him my car was new and a stupid asshole like him that can't even look behind before backing up shouldn't be driving (my car is a year old now but still new to me and smells new).

I proceeded to call him MF probably another 100 times before I got in my car. He took off but I decided to harass him more so I followed him. He was weaving in/out of lanes in lots of traffic around the shopping mall but I managed to get behind him - he tried to swerve to another lane to lose me but I wanted to make sure I got his license plate in case I needed it later. Finally he pulled over into a muffler shop parking lot thinking we're going to duke it out or something but I kept on driving :) I bet he won't forget me for awhile!

Anyway, I'm very protective of my Yaris and no one is going to hurt it and get away with it!
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

apparently he lives 2 doors down, and he was out gawking at trees
that fell over in a neighbors yard...and for some damn reason he stopped and
backed into me

he is a shi**y parent...with his daughter in the car, his responsibility is
to demonstrate at all times how to be a safe driver, no matter what, because
that is what parents are supposed to do....and he failed miserably.
I just cannot stand stupidity.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #18
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Geez....just looking at him he looks like a real loser. I'm sorry about your car.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote