Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2021, 02:43 PM   #27
Desircustoms

Drives: 06 Yaris RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Looks awesome, Jeff! I have the same Prosport boost gauge. I have been driving my car almost daily and other than the long cranking in warm weather, the driving is near perfect. I think my stock ECU has adjusted out the fuel tables and I get no bucking or hesitation with any throttle position, load or rpm. Transition to boost used to be an issue, and then I would adjust the fuel table or O2 table and the hesitation would just move to a different area of the. Now it's smooth as silk. Not touching anything, making any tweaks for a period of time and it's never worked better. I get a nice rich AFR under moderate to full pedal and partial boost is in the high 12s with my w/m injection, so safe IMO. Have you tried tightening your wastegate? I was stuck at around 5 psi for a long time, until I tightened up the actuator arm. I did it twice. The first time, IIRC, I went from 5 psi to around 6.5; the second adjustment netted around 7.5 to 8 psi. Good luck with your future adjustments. I look forward to hearing about them! How do you like your aftermarket head unit? What OS is it? I doesn't look like Android.

Thanks! I still need to fix the floor and eventually paint it, I'll look into your welding thread for some hands-on information!
Yes I've noticed that the stock ecu seems to have made some adjustments... I've noticed a slight discrepancy between the afr on the gauge and the fic software, it only goes to 13 around 4-5psi, but I think 12.5 on the fic app, will look into it more whenever I start playing with my maf map again... I have an external wastegate and I've tried different springs with no results, I suspect that my maf map is restricting the boost.

The head unit sucks, the touch screen stopped functioning after maybe 8 months, at least it's still paired to my phone, Android 9.0 I think
Desircustoms is offline   Reply With Quote