Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
RedSuns

Drives: 08 Yaris
Door lock issue - new key or lock?

Hey guys, recently purchased an 08 Yaris with 89k on it. Manual locks, windows etc. No keyless entry or auto locks.

Car is great so far, however, i have noticed two issues. The trunk will not open. The cylinder will turn to the right to lock it, however, it will not budge to unlock it. I was able to manually open it from inside of the car by pressing on the silver lever on the trunk door after removing the plastic panel. I have researched this and it seems lubrication with graphite seems to be a good idea which i am going to try.

However, the second issue is that the driver's door lock won't turn left with the key either. It will turn right, but not left at all. The same issue as the trunk it seems. The passenger door has no issues.

I only received one key with the vehicle which was the black key and not the valet key. But it does look worn and not as sharp around the edges.

Do you guys think this is just a key issue and i should get a second one cut using the vin? Or could this be a bigger issue? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
RedSuns is offline   Reply With Quote