Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhjort View Post
At Zaphod's post...
When the guy pulled me over he took my license and registration, and then proceeded to walk around my car and look in the windows. After he gave me the ticket I asked if I had to take all the tint off and he said, which surprised me by the way since up here we have some stereo and sub laws too, "No you only have to remove the front windows. Normally you'd have to remove it all, but I noticed you have some nice SUBS (he said subs) back there. You shouldn't really have to worry about anyone wanting to steal them around here though." Fucked up man...My tint in the back was darker than the front and isn't that where most of my "illegal substances" or weapons would be sitting were I to have them? It's just weird. Oh yeah and I was going 80mph in a 65, but I think I crossed jurisdictions right as I sped up so he couldn't get me on that.
In NYS you are allowed darker tint in the rear as oppose to the "front."
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
In NYS you are allowed darker tint in the rear as oppose to the "front."
similar in Illinois. You can go as dark as you want in the rear as long as there is none on the front side windows, but they just modified the law to allow some tint on all windows (except windshield) as long as it meets certain requirements.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Oh yeah and I was going 80mph in a 65, but I think I crossed jurisdictions right as I sped up so he couldn't get me on that.
And you're still bitching for a $105 fine??? I'd be happy and say "thank you"
Old 11-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
At Zaphod's post...
When the guy pulled me over he took my license and registration, and then proceeded to walk around my car and look in the windows. After he gave me the ticket I asked if I had to take all the tint off and he said, which surprised me by the way since up here we have some stereo and sub laws too, "No you only have to remove the front windows. Normally you'd have to remove it all, but I noticed you have some nice SUBS (he said subs) back there. You shouldn't really have to worry about anyone wanting to steal them around here though." Fucked up man...My tint in the back was darker than the front and isn't that where most of my "illegal substances" or weapons would be sitting were I to have them? It's just weird. Oh yeah and I was going 80mph in a 65, but I think I crossed jurisdictions right as I sped up so he couldn't get me on that.
No sir, they don't care about what "illegal substances" or weapons you may be hiding in the back (or more likely the trunk in that case).

Heck depending on the amount of time left on officer's shift, they may rather not even want to know ;)

The concern is that they can't see the weapon that the driver is pulling on them as they approach. It's about safety, not privacy.

And when you think about it, it's for your safety as well. After all, why make a man carrying a loaded weapon edgy and nervous?
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
Let me explain to you how democracy works: people vote other people to represent them in some kind of legislative body. Those people then make laws, because we put them there and paid them to do just that...
That's what is called a representative democracy, which is pretty far from actual democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
It's about safety, not privacy.
It's not about safety, its about privacy and health. Like I said, if you don't feel safe coming up to my window, do a felony stop. Pulling me over on the side of the freeway is retarded anyway - speaking of TruTV, how many times watching cop shows have you seen someone get rear ended pulled over by a cop on the side of the freeway? It should be standard procedure to pull off the freeway at the next exit, get out, put your hands on the car, and wait for the cop.

I haven't even touched on being able to keep something in my car without some thief being able to see it and want to steal it.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
How many times watching cop shows have you seen someone get rear ended pulled over by a cop on the side of the freeway? It should be standard procedure to pull off the freeway at the next exit, get out, put your hands on the car, and wait for the cop.
How many times has a policeman been hit on the freeway after pulling someone over? (I personally know one who was saved by the guard rail in an incident just like that, messed up his back to this day)

I don't think you'd see too many officers argue against people getting out of their car and putting their hands on the vehicle :)

Idiots are idiots, it's actually quite a challenge to encourage someone to pull over in a safer area, which is exactly what you're supposed to do in the first place.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
It should be standard procedure to pull off the freeway at the next exit, get out, put your hands on the car, and wait for the cop.
That would work in areas where there are exits close enough together to make this worth while. However, in other areas of the country where you can easily go like 20-30 miles between exits, not such a good idea.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I don't get it. Tint means you'll probably get a ticket. Just don't get tint. Then you don't have anything to qq about.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #9
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
I love it when people quote documents written over 200 years ago as the reason why things are the way they are... As if our "Founding Fathers" had window tinting tickets and buying guns at Walmart in mind when they wrote all that stuff!
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
supmet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
I don't get it. Tint means you'll probably get a ticket. Just don't get tint. Then you don't have anything to qq about.
You are absolutely correct. Our legal system is 100% perfect, and nobody should ever question it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
I love it when people quote documents written over 200 years ago as the reason why things are the way they are... As if our "Founding Fathers" had window tinting tickets and buying guns at Walmart in mind when they wrote all that stuff!
Uh.....

You DO realize, the supreme court uses the constitution, which was written over 200 years ago, as the basis for all its rulings on laws correct?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Uh.....

You DO realize, the supreme court uses the constitution, which was written over 200 years ago, as the basis for all its rulings on laws correct?
You DO realize I'm not talking about the Supreme Court but the average Joe on the street and even then the Justices of the Supreme Court are smart enough to not try to enforce blind compliance of archaic texts but the principles of the guidance within.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #12
supmet
Banned

Quote:
You DO realize I'm not talking about the Supreme Court but the average Joe on the street and even then the Justices of the Supreme Court are smart enough to not try to enforce blind compliance of archaic texts but the principles of the guidance within.
and who exactly is "enforcing blind compliance of archaic texts??"
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #13
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
You are absolutely correct. Our legal system is 100% perfect, and nobody should ever question it.

Uh.....

Ok, lets start twisting words.

If you're so against it, go protest. Or go move to Puerto Rico, where apparently you can have black windshields and not have an issue.

IDK why you're assuming that I think the US Gov is perfect. Do you always assume like that? I'm not sure whats worse. A guy who assumes, or a guy who would rather bend over and complain about bending over?

Still, with the qq.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

That's my point... very few, if any, are. Pay attention.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #15
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Pitch black is the only way to go. 5% FTW.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #16
fmicle

Quote:
Pitch black is the only way to go. 5% FTW.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 AM   #17
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
What? Too light?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #18
fmicle

Quote:
What? Too light?
Not at all, that's what I got

But only on the back, so I'm purrfectly legal

I'll get 55% in the front in the spring probably.