Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #163
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
awesome

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #164
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
yayyy, tinkering today with the car, might as well post what I did. Talked to Jeff today about my getting stuck in reverse issue - suggested i adjust the shifter cable, but i couldn't quite figure out how. so while i was in that area of the car...... I ran my amp's power cable! Don't worry, it's not plugged in battery side, yet. I made a small hole in the heater hose grommet, and fed it through there, then zip tied it up out of the way, and then down through the center console.

then since I was bored, i started cleaning the engine bay up a little bit. removed some of the nasty electrical tape and other wire shielding, and replaced it with the loom. also removed all the foam on the hoses, it was stained and blotchy. then i went over a majority of my wiring and removed all the excess plastic clips and organized / routed it, and started replacing the wire loom that was bad. i need a lot more.

tomorrow I'm going to remove the bolts for the engine cover, and start sanding the valve cover down to remove the spots. then a quick spray of engine bright, a splash of water, and some tire shine to prep her for the warm weather of hoodless driving! (and then the fiberglass hood from garm)

here's a better shot of the horn, btw :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #165
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
... i started cleaning the engine bay up a little bit. removed some of the nasty electrical tape and other wire shielding, and replaced it with the loom. also removed all the foam on the hoses, it was stained and blotchy. then i went over a majority of my wiring and removed all the excess plastic clips and organized / routed it, and started replacing the wire loom that was bad ...
That looks good, man! I just removed my engine cover the other day and now I realize that it doesn't look as good as I thought it did.

Maybe I need to tidy it up as you did.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #166
mr_miles

popy costa from micro-snausages!

Bye Bye 522's, Hello D2's! I was kind of torn about that until i mounted them. They fit perfect! almost flush with the fenders. a little rolling and moar low, and it'll be tuckin' like mad.

clean clean clean. gotta get some strong cleaner to do the insides, looks like a CV boot tore and flung grease all around one.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #167
mr_miles

Wired my sub in the rest of the way, and it turns out it's blown. so....no sub for a while. just picked up a 300 zx that has a 8 inch bazooka, thinking about putting the 12 in that, and the bazooka in the gnar gnar. will post pics of the new car in here maybe.

also brought the Gnar to a body shop to have the front end looked at, they guy was very reluctant to say anything other than "we need to do an alignment" so....will try another place.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #168
mr_miles

Ok! mini DIY carpet removal - sub install - currently covering sub in stickers!

Heres a starting picture, i undid the rear seat belts at the bottom already, oops! you have to remove there to pull the carpet.

next we undo the seats! Don't forget to unplug the sensors!

lookie, sub wiring. we'll get more into this part later. begin wondering how you were able to drive with this much dirt under your seat. contemplate cleaning seats.

remove the bottom part of the front seat belts, now. 14mm just like the rears.

start gently pulling up carpet, careful now!

annnnd, don't forget to unbolt the gas lid lever. i did! :p

Pull the rear vent things, too!

Ok, now that we're up to the front seat area, be careful! there are little plastic clips holding your carpet in. So pull the running board plastics off, its pretty easy. gently pull up from the back, and pop! out they go.

now pull gently, and out comes the carpet! yay!

Eww. gross........now is when you start getting unhappy.

especially if you aren't the original owner of your car. Dog food? Cereal? YUCK. start audibly cussing at the PO of the car, so neighbors can hear. this part is optional, but highly recommended.

begin finding things you lost previously, like dampening adjusters.

Start getting aggravated even more, this is gross, i swear i would never let my car get - hey, is that change? SWEET!

pull foam stuff and Styrofoam pieces, pull the styrofoam gently. it could break! Assemble stuff you found in neat little pile.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #169
mr_miles

Use one of these. Everywhere.

Next, we grab our favorite cleaner. I like this stuff. SCRUB LIKE THE FATE OF A CIVILIZATION DEPENDS ON YOU. Get to your level of cleanliness. I ran out of dry weather, so i hurried.

Use the shop vac again. maybe even a third time. Put seats back in.

Apply floor mats. These came from some sort of jeep. Friend works at infinity, and they were going to throw them away after servicing it, guess he replaced them with weathertech or something.

thats that!

Now onto my sub install, quite pleased, i must say. Going to be covering this in things, maybe even stickers! Who knew?

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #170
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Man our tastes are too similar. Stickerbomb'd/gutted interiors/and now a bazooka tube which I want too lol

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #171
mr_miles

I've never used a real bazooka tube until i got this one out of the Fairlady, I am super happy with it. Fits the yaris well, since I like the clean look, no amp to be seen!

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #172
mr_miles

Plonk.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #173
mr_miles

most of the interior is back in now, too. all that's left is to cover the headliner, and it'll all go back in.

and, now for today's update.

Was in a good mood, so I started tinkering with the Gnar. :)

Painted my oil filler cap. Best piece I've painted so far, I'd say. Came out perfect.

Re-located my license plate, looks ok I think. Might move it, not sure.

Installed this switch - seems the Kenwood head unit I have likes to get stuck on "reading" instead of playing my Ipod every now and then, and the only way to fix it is to unplug the stereo. Installed this switch on the 12v constant, so to reset the stereo in case of said issue, shut car off, flip switch, restart car :) I'm trying to figure out what causes this issue, wondering if it's my Ipod, or if the little surge of power it gets when you start the car is the issue.

Fun day. Oh, I rotated my tires too(hooray?). Tried re-installing my fender liners. No go, guess I'll have to custom make some.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #174
mr_miles

how about some copy pasta's from MI!

Welp, I've been slacking. still haven't finished the pieces I started the other day. I did however, put some stickers outside, to make fun of a certain crowd of people, lol.

There's a blue lowered Yaris HB around my area too. dark tinted glass and dark wheels. gotta find the guy. I have competition ;_;

so, i ripped my middle tie brace out. here, have a pic.

easy enough to spot where I hit......wait...that's not normal. this bolt wont come out?

hey wait....that belongs on the frame! so yeah, there we have it.. no more center tie brace for me! lol.

also - I removed my rear perches today to level out the back of the car a bit more, and i see this. was i supposed to mount these on top of the spring, not on the bottom? I noticed that they seemed to sit in there at a slight angle because of how the axle is designed. the adjusters still go on so that's a plus....if i ever use them.

Quote: