Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Yeah the NT01s are noisy. Big square treadblocks. Sounds like an electric car in the video :þ They have good grip and last a very long time so I'm happy with them. I daily drive them so I really don't notice the sound, but when someone new gets in my car they usually ask "what's that noise?".

In hindsight I probably should have installed a designated track pad prior to the event and swapped back afterwards. I wasn't sure what to expect because everyone says the Yaris has good brakes (and it does), but this track is nasty on them. I'm still driving with the cooked HPS on. I don't mind them as is because the pedal feel is more consistent; though it does make the squishy rubber hoses more obvious. I'll keep an eye on them for crumbling but I think they will stay together.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote