Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #19
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
This is a very good question and honestly I will be curious of folks will be asking this same question about the 2015 facelift for example 7-9 years later. I personally won't ever buy another Yaris most likely and that is simply because they don't sell the Vios platform here in NA anymore. Personally I think that Toyota has really taken its vanilla formula out a bit too long. The platform is getting really long in the tooth and you can get decent reliability and more options from other manufacturers now for comparable funds. The 15 is looking to start around 16k I believe? This is honestly overpriced for what you are getting. When the base model came in at the 11k back in 2006 that was a steal. I totally understand that Yota needs to make its money, but it does that on so many other models. That is probably why they haven't done much with the platform because they don't make squat on it. This all being said I love my 07 sedan. Problem is that I can't find the same formula in a sedan from Yota that is like the one for my Yaris and still offer sweet options.

All I know is that I will be in a market to replace Tiamat as a daily within the next year or so. Tiamat will become more of a bona fide weekend driver and race car. I just posted a pretty long winded rant about our recently purchased Highlander on TEG on Facebook. I don't want an FR-S. It just pisses me off to no end that Yota offers so much better and more overseas. It is like they are the same as BMW and Mercedes when it comes to that. I totally get how their vanilla formula is netting them billions of dollars and that is their honest bottom line, but that doesn't mean that I have to happy with it. I am looking to "upgrade" possibly to a Lexus at this point, but then again Yotas have historically below par options compared to other manufacturers now. I am coming to the point that I will need to make a decision on whether I am going to move on to another manufacturer which I don't want to do. First World Problems.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote