Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Your supose to have ac on with the defroster. Thats how it defrost. By supplimenting the heater by removing the moisture. Otherwise your window will fog up.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I just checked the manual and verified on the car that the PTC Heater will run with the blower direction control knob in any position and with any fan level (except off).
great to know... sorry i didn't report back. there is actually a switch when you turn the heat all the way to "max hot".. so i guess it is the PTC heater...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Your supose to have ac on with the defroster. Thats how it defrost. By supplimenting the heater by removing the moisture. Otherwise your window will fog up.
Sometimes... it is enough with just hot fresh outside air to defog. I guess i will go ahead and unhook that wire one of those days.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote