Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #37
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by minisantos View Post
i have, tried one directly to the battery :(

should it be lit all the time? or just when i use the switch to power the charger's clutch?
My Blitz TC that came with my SC is different, where the TC box does not have a light, but instead the 4 position activation switch has the light. With it, the light comes on only when the clutch is being engaged. Which means that it has detected the correct throttle position to activate.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #38
minisantos

Drives: toyota yaris t sport.
my supercharger clutch works. and so does the LED on the switch. but the fuel controller does not light up at all its boosting properly as im getting a consistent reading from my boost gauge. i just dont think the controller is working. is there any way to get it tested?
minisantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #39
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
my supercharger clutch works. and so does the LED on the switch. but the fuel controller does not light up at all its boosting properly as im getting a consistent reading from my boost gauge. i just dont think the controller is working. is there any way to get it tested?
It is actually a pretty simple device internally. pop the cover and look for any damaged components. If it was hooked up incorrectly something may have internally failed.

Also, just to verify - The green wire from the TC is connected to the blue activation output wire from the switch?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #40
minisantos

yeah it is. the light is on the switch when i turn it on. gonna crack the box open tonight and see if anything's broken.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #41
minisantos

had a look inside it, its visibly fine and checked it all with a multimeter. the fuel controller is lighting up when giving it throttle, but its flashing really erratically all the time.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #42
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
had a look inside it, its visibly fine and checked it all with a multimeter. the fuel controller is lighting up when giving it throttle, but its flashing really erratically all the time.
So, it flashes erratically even when the throttle is not pressed?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #43
minisantos

only when the throttle is pressed and on boost it flickers on and off. when it's on steady i get ALOT of power and its amazing then it'll flicker wildly and i have no power and it grinds down as if its getting no fuel. :(
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #44
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
only when the throttle is pressed and on boost it flickers on and off. when it's on steady i get ALOT of power and its amazing then it'll flicker wildly and i have no power and it grinds down as if its getting no fuel. :(
Sounds like you might have a poor connection on a wire. Did you solder or tap-splice the wires?
Old 03-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #45
minisantos

all soldered up. the problem before with it not lighting up at all is i had a ground loop.

now thats solved it should be working properly, but its not :( i'm getting the fuel pressure regulator that came with the kit fitted on saturday and my tuner's gonna have another look at it. its annoying me a little as it actually worked brilliantly through a 2nd and 3rd gear full throttle pull today, then it played up again lol
Old 03-25-2014, 03:53 AM   #46
minisantos

is it normal for the fuel controller to nake a buzzing type noise when its working?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #47
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
is it normal for the fuel controller to nake a buzzing type noise when its working?
Mine does not. When you opened yours was there a relay inside of it? If so, the buzzing is likely the relay being pulsed quickly (and it won't last long doing that).
Old 03-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #48
minisantos

cant remember off the top of my head, ill post a picture later on. the car seems to be working fine though...