Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
fifty1fifty

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Getting power to trunk

Hi folks, need a little help. Where is there a hole in the firewall that I can run power cable through? I've looked in the engine bay and up under the dash and cant find a hole...Do I need to make one? Or is there another place I can get power to the trunk? I'm hooking up a small amp, about 200w. Thanks for any help!
fifty1fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
I wasnt able to fit my cable into one of those fire holes and I didnt want to make my own. There is a rubber 'nipple' thing thats sticking on the inside of the cabin on the drivers side. There are wires going into it. I made a small slice into it and then fed my wire through till I saw it in the engine bay. I got this from another post that might have been in a pre-hack thread. Just be careful not to cut any of those wires xD.

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
fifty1fifty

Thanks for the quick reply! I found the thing you are talking about and it might work. Cant see it from the engine bay so might have to take the battery out. Need to take the seats out too I think, there isnt much room down there! Stupid reverse torx bolts...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Would it be ok to run the power cable underneath the car and up into the hatch / trunk area?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
sportin83

Drives: 2008 blazing blue yaris LB
open passenger lower glove box and remove it then look straight back to the firewall and you should see a rubber plug that has no wires in it. maybe 1 1/2" in diamter. just run through there.

mods: custom sub box, i hit 141.4 db, new speakers, double-din nav, foglights, cruise, CAI, strut brace, under car braces, short antenna, remote start, alarm, actuators in doors and hatch

coming soon: window tint, custom sub grills, tach and........
sportin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
or the driver side has a pack of wires that you can run to amp wire through. its a pretty big grommet just gotta slice a hole push wire through then reach in and pull what you need or there is a grommet under the car that leads right next to the gas release under the carpet
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
fifty1fifty

Thanks for the info guys! I didnt get to doing it today, got distracted with other projects.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
SweetRS

Drives: 2006 Yaris Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin83 View Post
open passenger lower glove box and remove it then look straight back to the firewall and you should see a rubber plug that has no wires in it. maybe 1 1/2" in diamter. just run through there.
that hole has a tube for the rear washer . unless im blind and theres another one.
SweetRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty1fifty View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! I found the thing you are talking about and it might work. Cant see it from the engine bay so might have to take the battery out. Need to take the seats out too I think, there isnt much room down there! Stupid reverse torx bolts...
Yeah I ran into the same exact problems. Had to move the battery out of the way and that cramp space was a sore to work in. Try finding those other spots people mentioned too, they might work better for you. I wasnt able to find a pre-made grommet that was big enough for my 4-gauge wire.

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by eii View Post
Yeah I ran into the same exact problems. Had to move the battery out of the way and that cramp space was a sore to work in. Try finding those other spots people mentioned too, they might work better for you. I wasnt able to find a pre-made grommet that was big enough for my 4-gauge wire.
i find the best place is behind the battery. there should be enough space for an average size hand to work in there.. You should know there is this cover you can take off to gain access to the brake master cylinder.. ?
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote