Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Jacking up the Liftback....

OK...I have searched this forum and searched some other sites and I haven't really seen much useful data in regards to jacking up the car in conjunction with jackstand placement. The owner's manual clearly depicts the pick ups but I am more concerned with where folks have been jacking up the car in regards to being lowered. I am aware of the pich weld seam but as mentioned....that is a spot to be used with a scissor style jack only during roadside jobs. Considering I have not even looked underneath the car yet....Am I missing something obvious? What are you guys using for jack up points and then....where are you placing your stands? Maybe it'll be more clear once I finally get out there and look under the car but ...I was surprised that this really hadn't been covered to date OR if it has, I have missed it.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Chupacabra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
it has been covered but since we lost more than a years worth of useful info when we were hacked, it doesn't hurt to ask again

here's a good thread, with pics, that somehow did not turn into an argument on tire rotation philosophy
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=jack+points

Yeah...I saw that but it still didn't help me much.

It'll probably be clearer once I take a visual underneath the car.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Chupacabra
Banned

Yeah...I am not concerned with those jack locations. I am trying to think of where on the car they'd support it if say it was going up on a lift. I have a set of ramps for oil changes...I am more concerned about how and where I'll jack up and support the front when doing the DF210 spring install.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
Latka

Drives: 0x Yaris Hatchback
If you use ramps, just make sure they're not going to slide on the ground. It's better to use them somewhere with a little texture to it - on a smooth concrete floor they can squirt out before you get enough weight on them to keep them from moving.
Latka is offline   Reply With Quote