Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
mastaofdisasta

Drives: yaris
glove box light idea

I cant get the plans up online but the theory goes like this, its a radioshack project of the month idea. For an alarm. Basically its a 9v battery, and piezo buzzer and a photoresistor to detect light, now if we swap out teh buzzer for an LED, when the photoreistor detects light, it will light the LED. Heres my prob, if its dark, and the device is in ur glovebox, will their be enough light in ur environment tomlight the LED? Or since its alreadsy dark, would it be useless?
mastaofdisasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Or you could jsut make a small hole for those push switches to fit flush against the door of the glove box so when you open the glove box door it releases the switch thus turning on the glove light. Would be less complicated and easier and probally cheaper. Also all can probally be bought at radio shack. I would get one of those mini led strips from ebay for a few bucks though and maybe line the upper portion of the glove box with it to the switch. Then the whole thing would light up bright =)

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-WARM-WHITE-LED...3286.m63.l1177

Comes in different colors too

http://cgi.ebay.com/RadioShack-SPST-...3A1%7C294%3A50

simular to this but you get the idea
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I just got a pair of these, DOT-it Linear lights, and taped them using double-side tape to the underside of the lid of the gloveboxes...

WalMart has them pretty cheap.

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Thats a pretty good idea MadMax. I need something in mine also.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:02 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yeah good thinking, pain in the @$$ to find correct change for tolls in the dark

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Unfortunately, the double-sided tape that comes with them sucks. Buy some of the thicker stuff (which WalMart also saves) and when you install the lights, be sure to put the "touch point" to turn the light on on the side where you normally open the glovebox on. For example, on the driver's side I put the touch point to the left, as I usually open it with my left hand and it is easier to open and turn on the light with the same gesture...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote