Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Drum rollllll ...PLEASE, place your bets now!!!

I got a call from my salesman this Monday which is the due date of my 16 week wait for my order (Black Yaris LB, manual, weather pkg, power pkg, fogs, keyless entry and rear spoiler).

He claimed "MY" car is on the docks and w/in a week will arrive at the dealership, he was not able to tell me anyhting more such as was the car built 100% to my order?

I'm taking bets now, please post your bet, as to whether you believe I will get my exact car ordered or will it be less than that and or one of their monthly allocation they will try and pawn off on me!

PLEASE PLACE YOUR BETS HERE!!!!

I will keep you posted.....
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I believe that you will get your car as ordered. You have not ordered options that are too exotic anyway. Still, anything can happen.
Good luck friend!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
Hope everything comes in as ordered. I order ABS, Airbags, Cold package, Conveniance Package, Oh and requestered it in white. It was all correct except the color which was Black, my second choice
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
My bet it will be close, but not exactly what you ordered! I also say it will take a bit more than 7 days after arrival at the port for you to get your car.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
My bet it will be close, but not exactly what you ordered! I also say it will take a bit more than 7 days after arrival at the port for you to get your car.
Yea i agree wit runner. Though i got my yaris on de spot (and it was the one i wanted too lol...) I ordered window tints, interior matts and all those addons.

Took another week or so becuz they had to add on my stuff since i didnt buy it stocked.

Maybe yours is different, they coulda made your yaris 100% overseas. OR they shipped it over and they are gonna add your package when it comes to the dealer. :)
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #6
SimplyYaris

Drives: Red Yaris HB
I think you will get it. I talked to a couple of dealers this week looking for a car with similar specs. One said they had one in stock the other said they couls get one in 10 to 15 days.

Keep the faith!
SimplyYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
My money says you'll get a base red sedan with automatic.

That's a pretty unusual combination. I wanted black too, but couldn't wait. Hope it's at least close to what you wanted.

Be sure to post pics.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
obylium

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S, black/bisque
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavidr4u
I got a call from my salesman this Monday which is the due date of my 16 week wait for my order (Black Yaris LB, manual, weather pkg, power pkg, fogs, keyless entry and rear spoiler).

He claimed "MY" car is on the docks and w/in a week will arrive at the dealership, he was not able to tell me anyhting more such as was the car built 100% to my order?

I'm taking bets now, please post your bet, as to whether you believe I will get my exact car ordered or will it be less than that and or one of their monthly allocation they will try and pawn off on me!

My experience this means the car you ordered will be coming. Meaning all of what you wanted.
obylium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #9
obylium

Btw, what is that car in your avatar?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
drdavidr4u

Obylium,
My suv avatar is the 2001 Isuzu Vehicross, hand built for 3 years only, didnt sell well enough so they canned it.

Its an amazing SUV and out west owners out do the jeeps and hummers in it off road.

Interstingly, its one of the concept cars from the auto show that they actually built. A convertible version of it was featured in the movie Mission to Mars as a futuristic vehicle at the beginning of the movie.

I love it to death, but the 16 MPG is killing me at the pump, so the Yaris will be my daily driver and the Vehicross will be occasional drive and of course snow vehicle.

Thanks for asking!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #11
obylium

Interesting, never heard of it. Then again I don't pay attention to Isuzu at all.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:46 AM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
That is one really funky car actually, I remember seeing the concept some years back, it's really ahead of its time I guess!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
I hope you salesman is right. I ordered mine Aug 14 and got a call a week and a half ago that it would be here next week or the week after. Sooooo If your salesman is correct I'm hoping mine will be here close to the time my salesman stated.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:29 AM   #14
wibrian

Drives: Red LB
I think your going to get your yaris as you ordered.
But what gets me is the dealers say they cain't trak your orders but some have cars coming and they have the vin numbers all ready a mouth in advance.
wibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #15
Billstein
Whew Who..

Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchs and Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavidr4u

Not to worry you but I had a salesman stroke me along for 2 months, I ended up buying elsewhere. If the car is at the dock he can give you a partal VIN number, I believe the last 4 numbers Good Luck
"HIS"2007 Yaris Hatch MedSilverMetallicPower PQ Package 17" Wheels Spoiler TRD ExhTipStiletto100 Radio Armrest 50% tint windshild 35% front windows 5% rear Aluminum TRD Shift Knob Keyless Entry VIP Alarm TRD Cold Air Intake
Billstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #16
drdavidr4u

UPDATE....
Well, the dealer keeps claiming my custom built Yaris is at the docks here in Newark NJ but for some reason is not allocated to them in the paperwork so therefore it continues to sit at the dock. Supposedly the paperwork will get done soon and it will arrive at the dealer....this could be the record longest wait yet for a custom built Yaris?
I'll keep you all posted!!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:40 AM   #17
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver
I hope you salesman is right. I ordered mine Aug 14 and got a call a week and a half ago that it would be here next week or the week after. Sooooo If your salesman is correct I'm hoping mine will be here close to the time my salesman stated.
See topic Drove my Yaris home tonight do da do da
Old 11-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #18
drdavidr4u

Its at the dealer being prepped ....do da do da....

Going to see it Monday am...do da do da

Thinking about an alarm from Toyota....what else to add???? Arm rest, mats, wheel locks,

Cross your fingers for me!

Will post pics when I get it....