Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
mrrock

Drives: yaris 2dr hatch
TRANSMISSION QUESTION - stick

I've noticed lately that when putting the car in first gear that it sort of snaps into gear rather than sliding into gear. Any way to correct this. are there any adjustments to the transmission
mrrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Evangelion335

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrock View Post
I've noticed lately that when putting the car in first gear that it sort of snaps into gear rather than sliding into gear. Any way to correct this. are there any adjustments to the transmission
I know what youre talking about, i believe its that safty catch that makes it difficult to slide into first if youre above 20mph. Then again, ive had times where i KNOW my clutch was all the way out, and i still ground first (or what seemed to feel like it), i suspect its that safety mechanism.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
you're in CT.. it's cold there right now. unless your transmission is warmed up, it's gonna be notchy as hell... does this happen all the time? or only when the trans is cold?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
SignPirate

Drives: 2007 Blue Yaris
I live in So. Fla. every morning it seems to hesitate going into second gear. At 46000 I just changed the filter, fluid, and gasket still no change. I'm sure it's a warm up thing cause it doesn't do it after the first start up.
SignPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
sounds like your syncro is taking a crap. very common in your transmission. have you adjusted your clutch?
your second gear problem has nothing to do with the 1st gear problem posted above.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote