Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
RogueYaris'd

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3DR LB (Black)
New System Install

I am new to posting on the forum; basically was browsing over everyone's installs and upgrades.

2010 Yaris 3DR LB
So I wanted to get a fairly decent system, not to expensive something that bumps and something that wont take up alot of space in my trunk area (so it wouldnt be a huge pain when i golf and snowboard)

Here it is:
SUB:
Pioneer TS-SWX251 10" Flat Subwoofer with Enclosure 800 Watts(fits perfectly sideways along the backs seats all the way back)
AMP:
Renegade REN550S 550 Watt 2 Channel Amplifier
[REN550S]
Speakers Front/Back:
Memphis Car Audio (15-PR63V2) 6x5's

Lows/Mids are really good, the highs are good but will play around with it when i have the actual time to make it perfect for me.

didnt put in a HU yet but as of right now i have alot of trunk space and a pretty nice set up.

I will post pictures soon of the sub/trunk area
RogueYaris'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
any pictures?

D.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
yarislady

Drives: 08 Yaris HB
That seems like a pretty good setup but if you got $125 I would buy the amp I will link and put the Renegade on your highs and your system would sound really good. And IMO Alpine is always the best way to go for HU's if you are looking to buy one. Can't wait to see how clean the install is.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KAC-8104D.html

Rob Cohen called, he needs his altezza's for the next Fast And The Furious
yarislady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Why is alpine HU always the best one? ))
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
^as an old school Alpine fan I'll say this...they're not "always the best". There are two that I might use now, and neither of them are in production anymore. One of those sources sits in my closet waiting for a worthwhile project.

As far as the blanket statement that was made, I chalk that up to brand bias and inexperience. No offense intended...after all there is a big place is my heart for Alpine source units. It all really comes down to three primary choices...aesthetics, features, and pricing.

For me it's ALL about form following function. My deck is as plain as it gets. No real surface bells and whistles. But when you get into the control and the reproduction of the signal...oh boy, I dare you to find a deck made now that does more.

No, it's not an Alpine. It's the Japanese version of Derick's deck.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
RogueYaris'd

will get pictures tonight and post them tomorrow, i do have disposable income right now i will def look into a bigger amp. now all i am doing is looking for nice HU either single din w/ flip up or double din touchscreen. but i need to find a kit to where i can flip down a cover over my unit to hide it when parked.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
derickveliz2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
No, it's not an Alpine. It's the Japanese version of Derick's deck.
Simplicity! = Power

D.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
yarislady

The Alpine 9855 was and still is one of the best HU's available around, their controls and functionality are superb. No offense taken by the comment that's why I said IMO, I understand there are a lot of other choices specially on what you are really looking for.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

The real question is, what is the budget for the source?

Try looking at the Alpine 7909. THAT is a legendary Alpine deck.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #10
yarislady

And replying to what the OP said because I realized I kinda thread jacked, the Pioneer AVIC is a really good double din and it comes with Navi and some other fun stuff. As to flip out's IMO (once again) I would not choose one because from all the ones I have seen, they have motor issues and either stay closed/open.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #11
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I'll agree with that last statement. Over time the flips seems to not work so well.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
RogueYaris'd

hey guys thanks for all the suggestions i am doing alot of looking around and all your info has helped me alot!

here are the pictures of the install, no pictures taken while i installed it, all after install photos:

I mounted the amp onto the subs box, A-Ease to unhook if I needed to, and B- pretty new at installing electronics, and wasnt sure if it would be alright in the spare wheel well.I have it like it is in the last picture because I dont want the amp to touch the hanging fabric from the trunk cover; not really sure how much heat it would take to melt it and start a fire(and i dont want that). I have a 60/40 back seat and even with the sub in i still have alot of room when the seats fold down(that was my main concern).
Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #13
derickveliz2

Usually you would avoid placing the amp over your sub-box, vibrations may affect your amp on the long way.

I read it many times, but maybe you are not putting a lot of power into the box to really shake it up.

Just a thought.

Nice Pioneer box, fits perfectly, The amp looks small enough to fit under the passenger's seat!

D.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 AM   #14
yarislady

I like your tidiness, it looks very clean. And trust me even without us helping you out down the road you will be like "I need just a little more bass." And that will continue till you find yourself saving three to four pay checks to buy one amp lol.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #15
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

There are solutions to this issue...

enjoy it now though. holler at us when you want some opinions on what to do next.

I'll trade you my setup...with all the headaches mine has in the install...

just kidding of course. speaking of, I have an amplifier or two that could push that little woofer more than easily.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarislady View Post
I like your tidiness, it looks very clean. And trust me even without us helping you out down the road you will be like "I need just a little more bass." And that will continue till you find yourself saving three to four pay checks to buy one amp lol.

Wait a year and see if there is still an interior to the car,parts stacked in the living room and dining room.....no back seat and trying to figure out the angle of the sub box that will blow the back window loose....lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

^ Oh, preach on brother!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
[QUOTE=sqcomp;587726]^as an old school Alpine fan I'll say this...they're not "always the best". There are two that I might use now, and neither of them are in production anymore. One of those sources sits in my closet waiting for a worthwhile project.

QUOTE]

Let me guess: 3909 (JUBA) or previous generation 7990 (STATUS) ? ))))))

(I owned juba once in the past and quite liked it)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote