Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
theredone

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan
Living with the Basics..

Just got my new (to me) 2009 yaris sedan yesterday! Super excited. Have been trolling around this forum for a bit and am happy to actually become a member!

Thing is, my new Yaris has no power locks, mirrors, or windows. Not such a bad thing, but am kind of already getting sick of having to lock each individual door. Is it worth it to have them installed? I don't want to mod my car too much because I'm counting on my extended warranty to have my back, but does anyone have any advice on getting this done without digging a major hole in my pocket?

All i really care about is the doors. I'm in LA, if anyone knows anyone or has any suggestions, let me know.

I've always been a euro driver, and switching to Japanese cars is definitely a big change for me! Still trying to get my feel.. but I'm pumped about my new wheels!
theredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Welcome!

I've seen threads on here about adding power door locks to the car easily. One of the threads had a post in the past few weeks. Peak around some more. I know that it looked easy for just the door locks, and quite cheap! Oh, and don't expect lots of problems with your car!
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Welcome! I think this is the thread I saw couple of weeks ago re: power door locks.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35768

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
theredone

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan
thanks so much!
theredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
My 09 has all the power options. It was well worth all the extra cost to get the power options. I usually drive my car alone and never have any riders so being able to open all the windows and locks from the key fob or driver's controls is very nice.

Depending on the cost to add these aftermarket, I would do it!

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power locks, warranty, windows