Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
thatbryanguy

Drives: Yaris 3dr hatch
Anyone Yaris lovers also love Diablo 3?

Just got re-excited about diablo 3 since it just came out again for the PS3 and Xbox 360. I played it back on the PC for a while but now I'm back on it on the PS3. Anyone else here playing?
thatbryanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Yes!.. but I play on Xbox..
Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
thatbryanguy

Aw dang, what class do you play? I'm a wiz currently in act 2 nightmare.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
ilikerice

Barbarian. only lvl 14. barely played it. Guild Wars 2 takes up most of my time. that and skyrim

Diablo and diablo 2 sucked me right in. This one though.. Its just not hooking me in like the others did.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Barbarian. only lvl 14. barely played it. Guild Wars 2 takes up most of my time. that and skyrim

Diablo and diablo 2 sucked me right in. This one though.. Its just not hooking me in like the others did.
Not to stray from the topic, but Diablo 3 was a flop comparatively to its predessors. I played the PC version for a few months after release, but stopped ~5 months in. I'm sure many things have changed so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I disliked how partying made the game less enjoyable (in inferno). I solo'd most of the other acts just because it was far too annoying to play with group. By the time I got into inferno, I found it damn near impossible to progress further than act 2 inferno in any class besides demon hunter. You had to make a DH to get gear for your other characters to progress. Obviously, once you farmed that gear for other classes, it was doable. The item drops.. I understand randomizing stats and having junk drops. However, when my items inferior from act 5 hell were next to nothing from monster drops from act 1 inferno.. . Maybe I'll reinstall the game, but it was a disappointment for many of my friends and I.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
thatbryanguy

Oh no I agree it was a dissapointment in the beginning up until this latest patch. Drops are finally right, legendaries are actual legendaries where chances are your blues don't have better stats than an equal level legendary like they did before. They have paragon levels and lots of other things that have really made it mimic diablo 2 just in a newer setting. It doesn't mimic diablo 2 just right but it does enough where I would come back to play it because like you said, it only held my attention for the first 4 or 5 months when it released then I was done with it until a few days ago. I'd give it another shot, things really are better than before. Soloing is still better though than partying but they did improved party playability some. And inferno isn't impossible anymore, it's so easy on regular inferno that they added "MP" or "monster power" levels 1-10 on the PC version. Boosting the monster stats to increase your magic find and such. I'm really enjoying it now. But just like diablo 2 it's all about that end game and the epic loot, and PvP of course (of which I still know nothing about when it comes to D3 PvP).
Old 09-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #7
ilikerice

You know, I heard about the new patches at DragonCon for Diablo 3 and was talking to my wife about reinstalling it. After I saw your post about it I went ahead and did so. Still hooked on Guild Wars 2 as of right now.. I don't know why, lol. But I may play a bit this weekend.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
thatbryanguy

Sweet, yea im in Hell mode now lvl 50. yea I loved the little bit of guild wars 2 that I played. The game looks great but I just can't get into it as much because all I have are macbook pros. The only PC I have is an old tower with mismatched upgraded parts but I still haven't bought a HDD for it yet...probably because I spend too much money on my yaris hah.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #9
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
I'll play it once I get it!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #10
Lippitt

Drives: honda accord
I did play it a few times and enjoyed it! Though it took too much out of my time so I had to quit video games for a while. I will start one day again :P
Lippitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #11
ilikerice

video games help me save money. Esp the free to play ones.