Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Minnetacoma

Drives: Tacoma
New member! Minnesota

Hey everyone. I'm from Minnesota and due to a recent find while searching for echo's in the US I discovered there's a hatch... So the search for a Echo rs or a Yaris rs begins... Any and all helpful Canadian websites for cars and aftermarket parts will be greatly appreciated..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minnetacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
You'd need to import one

Kijiji.ca for used

www.Clubecho-yarisquebec.com for cars and parts...but it's a long way from Minnesota
Old 07-31-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
Minnetacoma

Yea I've already been looking into it I've got a consultant/ boss that's from Ontario... And I've been searching all of kajiji... Seems like there all on Quebec and all of the ads are in French so that's shitty lol

To have a car almost no one in the states has its well worth it to pick one up and import it to me... I was previously looking at vw tdi's but these toyotas get as good of gas mileage on gas so it would be nicer to not have to deal with gel ups in the winter

Old 07-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You won't be able to register the Echo RS in the US without going through some serious red tape, as it wasn't a US market vehicle and is less that 25 years old.

I looked a bringing a 2006 Yaris into the US and even it was going to be a nightmare of paperwork (and it really is identical to what we got in the US in 2007).
Old 07-31-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
Minnetacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
You won't be able to register the Echo RS in the US without going through some serious red tape, as it wasn't a US market vehicle and is less that 25 years old.

I looked a bringing a 2006 Yaris into the US and even it was going to be a nightmare of paperwork (and it really is identical to what we got in the US in 2007).

I was looking into importing and it just has to pass US standards... Which they sold the exact same car in the us in a sedan version shouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish...

Old 07-31-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
Minnetacoma

Old 07-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #7
Minnetacoma

In fact it doesn't look that complicated at all they give you all the contact info you need

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/impo...da10102012.pdf

Old 08-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #8
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnetacoma View Post
I was looking into importing and it just has to pass US standards... Which they sold the exact same car in the us in a sedan version shouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish...
Scott is right—it's actually quite a bit of work; I've also looked into it with other vehicles. I hate to be a naysayer, but I doubt you'll be able to get through the red tape to actually get it to the States.

But, good luck if you try it!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote