Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
Vandit

Drives: Toyo Trix
Yaris in Texas?

Anyone on here bought a Yaris in Texas yet? What kind of prices have you paid? Any markups? My GF is looking for a good inexpensive car and the Yaris is on the top of her list, but she doesn't want to pay $16k for one. She seems to be going with the sedan even though i'm pushing her towards a liftback. Thanks for your responses.
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
i got a 5spd Liftback w/convenience pkg. here in louisiana for $12k even..$13,200 out the door after tt&l... hope this helps

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
michelle

Drives: Dodge Neon ACR
It seems that the liftbacks with the power package are going to be hard to come by. Wow $13.2 for the convenience package...that's great!
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
eight_heads

i was told 6 months for a manual w/power pkg when i ordered mine... i got mine in a few weeks and i'm going to end up adding the other stuff later

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 07-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
michelle

Drives: Dodge Neon ACR
If I can't find one or the dealer can't get me one off another lot, then I guess I will just have to order one and play the waiting game with everyone else.
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
no power again?

I was told by 2 local dealers, just now that no power is avail anywhere??
On the hatch, what do you make of that are they just trying to get rid of the ones they have, also I see on built your toyota in the last few days, any zip code no longer has power package listed.. Seems my waiting game has been in VAIN...

Now what, SCION.... errrr
F
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred812
I was told by 2 local dealers, just now that no power is avail anywhere??
On the hatch, what do you make of that are they just trying to get rid of the ones they have, also I see on built your toyota in the last few days, any zip code no longer has power package listed.. Seems my waiting game has been in VAIN...

Now what, SCION.... errrr
F
Sucks to say, but maybe, just maybe you will need to loose a few of the extra's you originally wanted, just to get into a Yaris soon.

Nothing wrong with a Scion though, Id like an xB actually.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
What dealership did you purchase from, Eight Heads? $200 under MSRP is EXCELLENT..i can't believe TOYOTA is overcharging people

Something tells me this whole "conspiracy" to upsell and the "Convenience package not an option" issues will end up BITING toyota in the ass. I'm waiting for Consumer Reports to write up an article about not being able to get a Yaris LIftback for less than $12,200 (not the 10,950 they advertised), and even THEN you can't get what you want unless it's the "Convenience package".
hell, a local dealership tried to "stack" the Convenience package and Power Package..they were trying to charge me $13,400 for a LIftback with Power (12,6-- sticker price)..and they were PROMISING and SWEARING that $13,400 was MSRP!!!!!! i actually logged onto Toyota.com on my laptop in front of them and built the Liftback w/ Power for $12,6--...and they just asked me to leave That's ok, though. I will be back to that dealership in a few weeks to "test drive" an EVO again (my local dealership is Toyota/Mitsu/Mazda) 6 gears, no worries for me
Old 07-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
eight_heads

northshore toyota in covington, LA .... they were pretty good about the whole thing

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 10-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #10
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
It seems that the liftbacks with the power package are going to be hard to come by. Wow $13.2 for the convenience package...that's great!
$13.2 out the door is pretty good. i've been given the price of $13.4 out the door from two different dealerships for the hatchback 5spd with convienence package. i am going to offer $13k even...$3k CASH and the other $10k as a blank check from capital one auto finance. i might be able to swing it...
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #11
hosmer
VVTrouble

Drives: 07 Yaris LB...BS, MT, PP, ABS
Send a message via AIM to hosmer
I was at my dealer for HOURS arguing that the hatch was made with the power options.

They showed me their "forecast" binder with every Yaris that was coming into New England. It had what % of the cars would have the different options, the % of the colors of the cars that were coming in (like 66% of them are coming in silver vs. everything else) and other crap like that was in the folder. Theres only 2 "packages" available up here...either totally stripped or the convienence package. Then you can add fogs, the spoiler, mudflaps, that stuff if you want

Well, I wouldn't accpet that and after a few phone calls and whatnot (by this time I was dealing with the Sales Manager), he said he could get me one with the power package and everything else I wanted in 6-8 weeks...so I left my deposit :)

All said and done, my Yaris was $14,610 with the Power Package, ABS, rear spoiler, center colsole, and reg/taxes...not bad
hosmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
ZOKU
Resident Gimp

Drives: '07 Yaris S Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOKU
I live in Houston but flew to Phoenix to get my Yaris. :( Nothing here in Texas.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
just got back from the dealership who was asking $13,5 OTD for the yaris with convienence package with arm rest. i showed 'em $3k CASH (100 dollar bills) along with my blank check from capital one good up to $10k. they said they couldn't do it. i walked out.

i'm going to hit another dealership tonight and see what i can do. i think once it gets closer to the end of the month my chances will go up with getting one for 13k.
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote