Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
armrest finds!

new weird style but someone might like it...

JDM armrest for cheap in case someone wants one! i can't use it because it uses the factory seat rails to mount to
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Yeah, you're right there... that first armrest is definitely weird! Don't like it!

The JDM armrest is really nice for someone who drives an automatic transmission. It's a great addition to the interior.

If you drive a stick, I would recommend getting the small flip-up armrest from your local Toyota dealer.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Yeah, you're right there... that first armrest is definitely weird! Don't like it!

The JDM armrest is really nice for someone who drives an automatic transmission. It's a great addition to the interior.

If you drive a stick, I would recommend getting the small flip-up armrest from your local Toyota dealer.
ha the toyota one would be in the way more than the console, by the way the console is NOT and armrest
Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
ha the toyota one would be in the way more than the console, by the way the console is NOT and armrest

Yeah... you're right about the JDM one. Now that you point that out, I remember driving my friends Vitz in Japan... and the "console" wasn't high enough for me to use as an armrest! Good point here for anyone really wanting an armrest.

I have the Toyota armrest, and I thought it would be out of the way enough for comfortable shifting when flipped up. Then, on the freeway, you could just flip it down and relax. No?
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Yeah, that is an advantage of the Toyota one. I had one but I'm happier with the leather console/rest, not the one above