Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
vacantj

Drives: Yaris 4Dr sedan
Speaker/amp questions?

I'm replacing my stock speakers and I have a few questions..

For the front I'm replacing them with the following speakers:
DLS UP6 6.5 2-Way or MB Quart QSC 216's (any opinions on these)

On the back I couldn't find any 6x9 from those manufacturers so I'm thinking of these:
Infinity Reference Series REF9623I Three-way loudspeaker
or
Infinity Kappa Series KAPPA693.7I Three-way loudspeaker

I'm I going to need an amp with the setup above?

I hate the bumping bass sound do you guys think I should get a subwoofer? I read about the Infinity basslink -any opinions?
vacantj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
yes, i think to make them sound good, you will need to power them with an amp or two. i would get the Kappa's (heard they're really good). i've also heard that underpowering speakers is worse than overpowering them.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
skateboarddziner
Just driving

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris sedan
Are there any kind of brackets that are required after removing the stock speakers and replaceing them with aftermarket ones...???

already have to drill through the bolts to get the front ones off, and now i have the back dash completely out, along with factory speakers.....durning out to be troublesome...

help please
skateboarddziner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateboarddziner View Post
Are there any kind of brackets that are required after removing the stock speakers and replaceing them with aftermarket ones...???

already have to drill through the bolts to get the front ones off, and now i have the back dash completely out, along with factory speakers.....durning out to be troublesome...

help please
ok, yes you will need a toyota bracket for the front doors, or just make a template using the old speaker... also watch the depth, my first install was a bit to deep...

the rear, I just dropped the car off at a shop, 30mins later paid them for the work : )

you'll have to check the specs on the speakers, some require a certain amount of power as a minimum..

also a sub isn't required but it will do wonders for any kind of music you listen to...