Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #37
upyaris

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
No light with my AFE. I loved the sound of it until I put my TRD exhaust on. Now I can't even hear it, lol.
2008 Meteorite Metallic Hatchback, TRD lowering springs, TRD rear sway bar, TRD exhaust, 17" LiquidMetal wheels w/ Yokohama "S" drive wheels, 10" Fusion subwoofer w/ 400 watt amp, infiniti speakers, AFE stage 2 CAI, 35% window tint, wind deflectors, euro taillights, NST SSK1 & SSK2, and NST lightweight pulleys!.
upyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #38
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Just ordered one from Garm, cant' wait to get it
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #39
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Just installed mine yesterday... it sounds awesome at high rpm. the ass dyno defintely says that it made a difference. did anyone else have a few screws and a washer left over?
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #40
westgl
2008 Prht Miata Red

Drives: 2009 3D 4AM PWR Pkg, Yel Jolt
anyone dyno yet with this intake and ram air setup
westgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #41
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyaris View Post
No light with my AFE. I loved the sound of it until I put my TRD exhaust on. Now I can't even hear it, lol.
Haven't heard my intake since the TRD exhaust went on. Nobody believes me that the sucker just booms inside the LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
Just installed mine yesterday... it sounds awesome at high rpm. the ass dyno defintely says that it made a difference. did anyone else have a few screws and a washer left over?
I had leftover hardware but this intake replaced the TRD CAI so I figured that some brackets were removed previously.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #42
Mead

Drives: BSP Yaris LB 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyaris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Haven't heard my intake since the TRD exhaust went on. Nobody believes me that the sucker just booms inside the LB.
Do you guys think a CAI (AEM/TRD) will make my car louder if i currently already have the Medallion Touring? especially under normal driving?

The Tanabe is rated 93db not sure if the CAI will help the cause. I like it to be a bit louder... especially under normal driving.
Mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #43
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead View Post
Do you guys think a CAI (AEM/TRD) will make my car louder if i currently already have the Medallion Touring? especially under normal driving?

The Tanabe is rated 93db not sure if the CAI will help the cause. I like it to be a bit louder... especially under normal driving.
Personally have that axleback with the afe intake and I love the sound. As for cruising like the freeway it is a little louder, but not annoying. After I installed it though I noticed it has a mean sound above 3k rpm at WOT. It sounds very sexy when it's revving and doesn't get annoying at all for normal cruising
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #44
Mead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
Personally have that axleback with the afe intake and I love the sound. As for cruising like the freeway it is a little louder, but not annoying. After I installed it though I noticed it has a mean sound above 3k rpm at WOT. It sounds very sexy when it's revving and doesn't get annoying at all for normal cruising
Thanks for the reply... I'ma hold off on the CAI for now, the sound gain seems only nominal at low speed, not sure if it's worth the $200+ investment. If I come across an AEM/TRD CAI for cheap I'll reconsider
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #45
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead View Post
Thanks for the reply... I'ma hold off on the CAI for now, the sound gain seems only nominal at low speed, not sure if it's worth the $200+ investment. If I come across an AEM/TRD CAI for cheap I'll reconsider
Lol, you could just make your own . Autozone sells the necessary hardware. IMO, the AFE CAI is adequate for normal street driving. Any more competitive, and you'd probably need something a bit more free-flowing. As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the symphony the AFE and my Fujitsubo Wagolis make together.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #46
Mead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
Lol, you could just make your own . Autozone sells the necessary hardware. IMO, the AFE CAI is adequate for normal street driving. Any more competitive, and you'd probably need something a bit more free-flowing. As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the symphony the AFE and my Fujitsubo Wagolis make together.
Yeah, right now I got the Tanabe and stock air box. It sounds great at high rpms but I need more sound at idle and around town cruising.

Earlier posters mention after getting their TRD exhaust they no longer hear the intake... I don't want that to happen to me specially after dropping 2+ bills. I'm also not expecting any performance gains... but I still want the AEM/TRD cuz it's got blingish tendencies
Old 03-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #47
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
^ yeah, I was a little disappointed with how the Fujitsubo kinda drowned out the nice growl of the AFE. But then again, the Fujitsubo doesn't sound bad...and it doesn't completely drown out the intake. The TRD CAI does look nice, I must admit. I'll try one of those out and compare it to a Fujita (since I see almost no one has talked about that one).
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #48
lilred08

Drives: 08 Hatch
WHERE CAN I GET ONE!! In CANADA??
lilred08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:39 AM   #49
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
If you are after the AFE intake Talk to Garm at Microimage (cali yaris, on here)
he also has the exchaust . with bloody good shipping rates to boot.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote