Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #163
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
+1 gazillion
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #164
rpalai

Drives: 2008 NEW Yaris 2-door Liftback
Help w/Blitz fuel controller wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Does your fuel controller have a pink wire?
Thank you sooo much for answering my plea for help! My mechanic called me late last night and he thinks he figured it out. However, until I get the car back running properly, who knows? In any event, could you please b so kind as to check back later beciuase if there is still an issue with the wiring, I will definitely re-post my cry for help right to your reply like this one...As far as a pink wire, I believe that the fuel controller DOES have this wire.....

Thank you again fo your reply and your kind consideraion! I will post results either way. Incidentally, how are you enjoying YOUR boosted Yaris? Mine was pretty fast even before getting the Blizt blower and Meagan racing header....Of course, I do not know the results just yet as my tech is still working on the car right now-today. I had previously installed a Next level Performance Tri-Phase module which really makes a diference. They claim an average increase of 17 HP improvement with this little module and I must tell you that it feels like that and even more! I have these Tri-Phase modules installed on 2 of my other cars and I am about to install two more on more vehicles that I own. They are AWESOME!!

I am a kind of mild collector, so my wife and I own like 10 cars...most are NOT everyday dirvers, though....if you are interested, you can see a few of them at www.cardomain.com and put rpalais into the empty search bar which will take yo righ to my garage page. Thanks again for your thoughtful kindness!!
Rich P rpalai
rpalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #165
rpalai

Blitz Fuel Controller Wiring

Hello again, all. I just heard from my mechanic again as he is working on finishing up the install on the fuel controller for the Blitz system on my 2008 Liftback.

Please, just one more question for which I need an answer....the little red light on the Compressor Switch that mounts inside the cabin...is it supposed to be on all the time, or just lit under boost, or not at all? So far, after my technician started and just idled the car, there is no light, however, he said that he CAN hear the compressor whine when he blips the throttle, so it does seem like the clutch is engaging. That is all good! But again, no red light on the switch....so, if someone could please just let me know which is correct regarding the red light on the compressor switch that is mounted inside the cabin, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks again! rpalai
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #166
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Do you have an AT or an MT?
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #167
LtNoogie

I just checked with my AT LB in the low S/C setting. The red light does not come on unless the car is in gear. You might hear the clutch clacking but the blower really does not engage while in Park or Neutral. I believe Camelll just posted something similar.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #168
rpalai

Compressor switch red light...on or not on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Do you have an AT or an MT?
Thanks again for your reply. I have a MANUAL transmission car, 2008. Please let me know about the red light...This is my last "hurdle" hopefully...Thanks!
rpalai
Old 03-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #169
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I have a MANUAL transmission in a 2008 and the light only turns red when the compressor kicks in. It will be on once the compressor kicks in and aslong as you hold the gas pedal down far enough to keep it engaged, it will remain on. You will also hear a clicking noise when the electric clutch engages. You should hear a click and the red light turning on at the same time when you press the gas down far enough to engage the compressor!

ps: Rpalai, I looked at your car domain and saw your variety of cars. You certainly don't descriminate against any car. You have all sorts of cars! When are you going to put a S/C or turbo kit into your RSX?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #170
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalai View Post
Thanks again for your reply. I have a MANUAL transmission car, 2008. Please let me know about the red light...This is my last "hurdle" hopefully...Thanks!
rpalai
Glad to hear you got your wiring confusion straightened out.

To what position do you have the switch set? If set to Low you should hear the click and see the light come on right away when you gas it (Low-Med-High indicates the throttle position where s/c clutch engages). Then as Peter said the light goes off when you let off the gas.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #171
rpalai

Hi PETERPOOP! Thanks for your very prompt and informative reply! I will pass this on to my technician who is finishing up the Blitz install hopefully, this afternoon.

Funny you should mention the Acura RSX-S. I already have purchased the Supercharger from Jackson Racing for the RSX. I have had it for awhile, but I can not give up the car just yet. As soon as I can get my 1994 Suzuki Swift back from the turbo shop as it had to be totally redone from what you see (a very long and sad story) ...I am planning to have the install done in the RSX. I LOVE Supercharging as you can see. The RSX is one of my daily drivers, but still not so much. I will be using the Swift GT more becuase it gets like 40mpg, even turbocharged! It has a 1.3 L 16V DOHC motor and is very quick even N/A. The RSX gets barely 22 mpg around town...not so good; just the nature of the beasat, I suppose. It has a 2.0, but has a LOT of power (200 HP STOCK) which is probably why......same K20A motor as the Honds Civic SI.

I will condense the story of the Swift GT...2 "turbo" shops both of whom were totally inept and crooked, really messed up my Swift GT. It never had a turbo and I wanted one put in it. One shop melted a motor. The other one just did a terrible job and set it up all wrong, so that oil constantly back-flowed into the turbo and ruined the seals. It ran OK for maybe a month. It finally has made it to the right shop in which the guy knows his stuff and is doing it right, only he is slow as molasses. It has been there just over a year and a quarter and I have lost my patience with him. So he has promised to get it done by April 30th? Yeah, Right! I will believe it when I see it! Anyway, The new turbo (a Nissan disco-Potatoe) is already installed along with an intercooler. All that needs to be done is to relocate the battery to the rear, replace my interior AC vents so I can use the AC (FL IS wayyy too hot to not use AC) and a few other minor things...but this guy is too busy and had I known this, I would not have given him my car, probably....but at the time, I had no choice and I still may not have one. Very few techs know these cars; this guy has 2 of them and his Dad had one in Trinidad where they are from. All of their Swift GT'S were also turbo models from the factory, so they really DO KNOW the cars! We never had a factory turbo option here in America, unfortunately. Incidenatlly, while I have the car there, I was able to get the right parts and I had him install factory power steering AND a factory tilt column which were never available in the USA as options. But I will now have them in my car! Very cool! So he has done a lot of work on my car in the year+ that he has it, except for finishing it up. That's the story. So I WILL have the Supercharger put into the RSX-S as soon as I get my Swift GT back.
Thanks again! rpalai
Old 03-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #172
rpalai

All done! AWESOME!!!!

Hi again, everyone. Again, I want to thank all of you who were kind enough to help me out today with good information! I just got my Yaris back and all I can say is WOW!!! It is now an awesome pocket rocket! Very fast. Mine was not stock to begin with as I had installed the Next Level Performance Tri-Phase module which adds very noticeable performance and TQ. Also, a cat-back twin or dual exhaust system comprised of 2 TRD set-ups AND a Meagan Racing SS large-port header. So now, with the the Blitz Supercharger in place, the Yaris is just incredible! Scoots out of the hole like a small-block V-8 no joke! I AM ECSTATICALLY HAPPY WITH THE SETUP. It was worth evey penny and every second of waiting to get it done is all I can say. Strangely enough, it feels most responsive with the compressor switch in the "LOW" position setting. It may develop more boost on the MEDIUM and HIGH positions, but it is nicer to drive and more responsive out of the hole in the low position. Just thought I'd mention that. I highly reccommend this mod to anyone who really enjoys their cars and actually likes driving them. Please feel free to ask any questions. If I can be of ANY help to anyone out there, please ask away. As a former Pharmaceutical Representative, I have a lot medical and pharmaceutical knowledge. Still, I always reccommend talking to your doctor whenever necessary. rpalai
Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #173
PETERPOOP

I have this tumor on my butt, I was wondering if.... j/k

So you got it working!? NICE! I prefer the setting in low also. It seems that the compressor rarely engages when its set to medium or high. You really have to give it some gas for it to engage in those higher two settings. I am glad you got it all worked out!

Post some videos of it if you can!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #174
LtNoogie

Congratulations on another successful Blitz installation. Yours happened so fast that you did not have the chance to start your own thread!

Contact Whooppee777 to add your name to the list of boosted Yaris owners.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #175
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
nice job, can't wait to see pics and vids
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #176
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Rich,

the "low" position means the compressor kicks in SOONER, so that's why you like it.

I think it goes like this -- can someone confirm?

Low = 25% throttle
Med = 50%
High = 75%
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #177
LtNoogie

Yeah, that's it. Most of us use Low or Med. I flip-flop between the two settings. Depends on whether it's hypermiler week or not.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #178
PETERPOOP

I either use low or off. No point in putting it in medium since I never press the gas pedal that far down if i'm not doing WOT or "racing."
Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #179
rpalai

Hello! I received a mesage last night from kurokoma-kun. In the message, it was inferred that if you set the compressor switch to Low, for instance, the compressor clutch will engage at a lower RPM than if you set it to high...absolutley true, from what I see, which is why I actually seem to prefer to drive the car with the switch on low. My question regarding this is......can I assume that it will make more total boost when set the switch on HIGH? I find it annoying to drive with the switch on HIGH or even MEDIUM due to the fact that I have to press down much farther on the acceleratror pedal for the boost to kick in, even if it makes more total boost. The car seems to be more enjoyable and responsive with the switch set to LOW. Does this make any sense? I am still new to this setup and am strill learning about it. I just know that I LOVE IT!! LOVE driving the car now even more. Thanks! rpalai
Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #180
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I find it annoying to drive with the switch on HIGH or even MEDIUM due to the fact that I have to press down much farther on the acceleratror pedal for the boost to kick in,
That is because it's controlled by throttle position, and NOT by RPM.

Total boost achieved should not be affected by the setting. To test this, try some WOT 0-60 at all three settings. Should be the same ETA.