Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #19
CpKi1g3
High speeds are fun...

Drives: 07' Polar White sedan Base
Send a message via MSN to CpKi1g3 Send a message via Yahoo to CpKi1g3
i know its an economic car i know how much i am paying for this car. i know my stuff but i stand by my point and i know what i mean. and i may sound retarded to you but i know there are others that know what i am talking about but its cool like it is.

yes they are mounted on the bottom but since our seats are like chairs compared to the other two cars that i owned they were around my reach from the seat sitting plus they had more leg room and so on.
CpKi1g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #20
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
there is a reason why you could stand at one end of a house, and talk, and I could hear you from 50 feet away. When sound is created, air molecules vibrate, those molecules then vibrate the molecules next to them and the chain reaction begins. It takes a long time for the reaction to finally stop. Toyota didn't find a way to bend the laws of physics in our cars.

it comes down to the efficiency of the speakers you replace with the ones that you buy. Some aftermarket speakers may have a very similary efficiency to the oem ones.... other may be a lot worse, and therefore sound quieter (unless hooked up to an amp)... and then again... some may be even more efficient. Generally speaking tho.. the oem will be more efficient than aftermarket speakers... however they will distort sooner, and have less sq, especially when talking about sub 200hz tones, and higher than 5khz.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #21
o2cavyss

Drives: 2009 sedan
In my brief experience with replacing the front speakers in the yaris, the new speakers were much louder, much more clear, and much more responsive even when placed in the stock location, so I don't know what this guy is talking about...
o2cavyss is offline   Reply With Quote