Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
so, you really think that pulley is going to make power to help negate the loss else where in the power band from the improperly design'd header?

wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a header that makes real power instead of trying to cover an open wound with a bandaid?

you're claiming 10hp from a pulley right?
With numbers that were inflated about 25%, the graphs only showed 2 HP and 3 ft/lb losses. Assuming peak HP numbers will drop from 105 HP to around 80 HP after the dyno is fixed, the losses will be minimal... a little more than 1 HP and about 2 ft/lbs.

I don't see that as a huge tradeoff considering...

1) This is still an N/A car, and the 2.5" diameter piping on the Megan header will probably do more for the car with forced induction.
3) After 5600 RPM I'm gaining more than what I'm losing in the rest of the powerband.

Sure, my lofty hopes got shot down a tad. Lesson learned... when dealing with low displacement econoengines, don't expect much from simple bolt-ons.

10 HP from the pulley... I'm not that dumb, haha. Judging from what I've seen from the dyno results from other cars, I think 2-3 HP is a good estimate. Considering the piece is a tad over a hundred bucks and you see that 2-3 HP from 0 to 6500 RPM, I'm happy NST decided to make it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Megan Header Install [pics] Chris07LB Performance Modifications 132 09-29-2010 03:41 PM
WR Secret Weapon Intake Dyno Tested.. WRLEO Performance Modifications 70 05-17-2007 03:00 PM
GROUP BUY - Megan Racing 4-1 Header... riceboy Items for Sale by private party 489 01-10-2007 06:45 PM
VA/MD Owners - Megan Racing Header ProMotionTuning Performance Modifications 4 11-30-2006 02:54 PM
HEADER & INTAKE R&D. WRLEO Performance Modifications 80 11-23-2006 03:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.