Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #1279
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
So it was introduced noise from the RCAs. Jim was talking to me about the costs of IF the amp was found to have no issues...

Now on to the soft relays...
That is why I worked so hard trying to find out why? I believe in the P-99, and the PB amps too. I knew it got to be some thing else it was worth the effort and wait.

Yes tell me what to get for the PB amp. please


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #1280
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

There is going to be a meeting in Massachusetts this Sunday at 1 o'clock from DYIMA about car audio stuff, every body is welcome!





.

BTY here are some pictures I took from the Tornado that went by our town last week.








__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #1281
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=derickveliz2;585562]There is going to be a meeting in Massachusetts this Sunday at 1 o'clock from DYIMA about car audio stuff, every body is welcome!

Turn out to be a great audio meeting

3 SQ cars
3 SPL

I think others came after I left... I listen to my SQ-CD in most of them, I lost my hearing in a couple of them!


















D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #1282
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Small update!

Mid-Bass are punching 150 watts (100 watts before)

I really need 36 hours/day

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #1283
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Same amplifier on the mids?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #1284
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Same amplifier on the mids?
The Mids & Tweets get 75 watts from the PB Asa1100.5x





The midbass gets 150 watts from my old GM-x1024



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #1285
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Sqcomp, you are right when you talk about headroom and I can't imagine how good 300 watts for mid-bass would be!

When cranking up the volume and my mid-bass started to fail I used to say: "My speakers can't handle any more" I sort of blame on the speaker it self, but now I'm understanding it's the Amp that starts sending noise into the speaker and less music. I know the speakers make a difference too, so it's relative with my thoughts.

I'm amazed on what 50 extra Watts did to my system.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #1286
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

How about 450 Watts at 4 Ohms on the L6SE's?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!



450 x 2 for the mid bass speakers

another one of these for the sub. I'm estimating around 1300 Watts @ 4 Ohms for the 15" (one of these surfboards puts out 2700 x 1 at 2 Ohms). The mids and tweets have a slightly smaller four channel for them @ 120 x 2 and 240 x 2.

If I start seeing dimming form the load on the electrical system, I'll get a drop in alty.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #1287
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Wow!

Sqcomp... are you going surfing or snow-boarding!

Sweet.

I need Jim to get my I6SW ready for next week, please let him know I'm calling him and if you mind making a copy of the CD we talked about, I'll appreciate it.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #1288
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Drop me an e-mail about the CD. Remind me what I'm doing for you...it's been a while.

..and yes, I'll be doing both surfing and snowboarding! :) I'll report to you how the system works with this much headroom and control. Something tells me it'll be juuuust fine.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #1289
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Drop me an e-mail about the CD. Remind me what I'm doing for you...it's been a while.

..and yes, I'll be doing both surfing and snowboarding! :) I'll report to you how the system works with this much headroom and control. Something tells me it'll be juuuust fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
D,

You could also look at thread-serts. They're like the ones I used in my A-pillars for the L4 baffle.

Also, take a look at what I have access to:



Something tells me you may want this reference disc? I can burn you a copy...

Yes please!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #1290
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Got it...

I'll trade you a picture for a picture:



That's Aaron, one of the guys at the shop. He's right at 6'2". That gives another idea of how big the amplifiers is.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #1291
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I think you need a roof rack! I'm jealous!

__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #1292
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Got it...

I'll trade you a picture for a picture:

That's Aaron, one of the guys at the shop. He's right at 6'2". That gives another idea of how big the amplifiers is.

If we count the tiles it's a little over 3.5 feet or 42 inches.


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #1293
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp


I dunno if the two channel is big enough...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #1294
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

I dunno if the two channel is big enough...

I dunno if the Yaris is big enough for all this... LOL


Man matching the angles of the Mids on the A-pillars it's not easy.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #1295
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I haven't actually had my hands on the amps yet. On Monday, I'll be up at the shop to continue work on the L6SE kicks...placing/aiming and glassing the baffles. Hopefully I can get them essentially finished. I have to lay down some more glass today and use some short strand on the inside just to build up the inside and even the surfaces out.

I've taken out the amp board that held the LRx's. I'm conceiving of several ways of placing the amplifiers. I REALLY want to keep the woofer inverted to show off the magnet. I'm considering running the amps in a north/south configuration...parallel with the front of the car...sort of angled as well as to be placed around the woofer, one on each side of it (the two big ones) and one in back of it closer to the seats by the Bit One.

Thinking, planning...

enough about me, what is going on with your mids? I noticed the picture on the last page with the wood baffle...what was that about?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #1296
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

Thinking, planning...

enough about me, what is going on with your mids? I noticed the picture on the last page with the wood baffle...what was that about?
If you are talking about this picture is from another DIYMA member at the Massachusetts meet.





If you are talking about this picture, yes they are out of the spheres going off axis on the a-pillars



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.