Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #1351
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Here's something a little more solid to look at:

__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #1352
xbr3akd0wnx
Meow
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris, White Hatchback
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA (90045)
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Here's something a little more solid to look at:

This is like a map of God's internal organs
Impossible for the likes of me to understand
xbr3akd0wnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:35 AM   #1353
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
^ This is actually a good reference to have printed out and in front of you when tuning, especially with a 1/3 octave control...I speak from experience.

So D...

I may know someone at my shop with a 700.2. You might call Aaron at the shop and ask him about it.

Spurring you on a little more:


^A blurry closeup of the conceptual on the amp rack. I'm keeping it budgeted tightly. We went as wild as separating the two big amps, reversing them so you see guts. Then we'd place the four channel on a piece of plexi, "floating" and backlight that bad boy.

Instead we're going to show heat sinks on all the amps and have the four channel suspended above the two using a rack and a single piece of MDF that will be carved out on the insides a bit to show off the DD logos on the two big amps while still "floating" the 4 channel on the MDF piece. It'll be routered and painted to match the car. We still might do some lighting behind the 4 channel to show the big boys off.


^Guess what piece makes an appearance? :)


^ 48 dB slopes on all channels left and right, 1/3 octave control on all outputs, and TA down to .2 milis of control. Think about it D...






^I didn't finish tonight on these simply because I'm sending the grill inserts to be CnC'd...


^Rack construction? What rack construction? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! That's Jim...He's got a square face...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #1354
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
He had an awsome thread with lots of pics but deleted it cause people were being ______ . it would be great if that thread was reopened !
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #1355
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
^ *meh* I hear you. I'm posting these pics to drive Derick on to do a little more...

Speaking of...

Derick, do you have an announcement about a certain new amplifier? :D

...Also, my grill inserts are being CnC'd this week. Nice! It'll be a brushed aluminum insert over an MDF ring. I'll be making two sets of rings, one for show and one for "go" (daily use).

40 Hz in a kick. Well, I'm attempting to recreate an infinite baffle loading on the speakers. What you haven't seen, right below in the sheet metal of the car we Yaris owners have plugs that go into sub frame...just by the kick panel area. That "venting" allows the speaker to load much differently than a sealed or even a traditional vented encolsure.

Having heard the L6SE before in a "tuned" vehicle (a 3x MECA world champ vehicle), one almost doesn't need a woofer...seriously...Dave had his Camry pushing his L6SE's down to 25 Hz. They had great attack and decay, great presence and the definite ability to play low. He had two 12" woofer IB loaded in the trunk. They only came alive around 30 Hz and below.

in my setup I have more power and much more control than even that championship vehicle I'm alluding to. This means good things!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #1356
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
^ *meh* I hear you. I'm posting these pics to drive Derick on to do a little more...

Speaking of...

Derick, do you have an announcement about a certain new amplifier? :D
Yeah! it was crazy but finally I got a NIB Image Dynamic 700.2

175 watts @ 4 ohms! for my L6s







I also got for my birthday an iPad! I know the P-99 it's iPod ready! I'm going to try tomorrow if works with the iPad






I downloaded a free app with RTA:




D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:37 AM   #1357
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Exclamation

A-pillar update!


























D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:53 AM   #1358
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
I connected my I-Touch for the first time ina while, for some reason it sounded better than my regular MP3 player, i hardly put cd's in anymore although CD's give you far better sound. I need to find a good program that will convert audio files without losing alot of SQ.

Maybe somebody can chime in.

Congrats on the i Pad ! One question if you play a movie on the i Pad will you get surround sound straight off the USB or would you have to run an Audio / video cable like this ?
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #1359
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Music file conversion? Goldwave.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #1360
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Having heard the L6SE before in a "tuned" vehicle (a 3x MECA world champ vehicle), one almost doesn't need a woofer...seriously...Dave had his Camry pushing his L6SE's down to 25 Hz. They had great attack and decay, great presence and the definite ability to play low. He had two 12" woofer IB loaded in the trunk. They only came alive around 30 Hz and below.

in my setup I have more power and much more control than even that championship vehicle I'm alluding to. This means good things!
I'm not going to be a champ, that is not my intention, but this is exactly where I'm going to... if I can get my L6s properly installed and tuned I only need a little sub-woofer in the front!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #1361
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Hey D,

How do you have the thread-serts installed in the baffle for the mids? Just screwed in?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #1362
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
I need to find a good program that will convert audio files without losing alot of SQ.

Maybe somebody can chime in. [/IMG]
I didn't know about "Goldwave" so I've been using free software:




D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #1363
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
http://www.goldwave.com/
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #1364
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Hey D,

How do you have the thread-serts installed in the baffle for the mids? Just screwed in?
For this I really had to go back into my R/C skills... (not a big science, but it's simple and it works)

1.- mark precisely all 4 holes.

2.- use a tiny drill bit to center the thread-serts

3.- use a bigger drill bit but still smaller than the thread sert

4.- screw in the thread sert

5.- unscrew the tread sert

6.- apply CA + accelerator into the MDF hole

7.- re-screw thread sert

8.- apply CA + accelerator to the outside of the thread sert


I know, maybe sounds complicated but the rings for the HL-70s don't leave space for errors/mistakes, it's just to small. Like you can see in the photos the thread serts exposed on one side... final en result... rock solid.








D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #1365
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Today I test fit the a-pillars... like a glove! fit is perfect!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #1366
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
My brother came to visit us, I took him for a ride on my Yaris, well I gave him the keys for the ride of his life! and this is what happen later:

We start pulling out the drive way and a couple of blocks away he tells me "This is a very quiet car, feels very solid and I can barely hear or feel the engine" He has a 2008 Subaru Legacy.

Then I turn on the P-99 (no a-pillars, no Mids, tweeters on cup-holders) and he was speech less... then I explained to him about Time Alignment, front stage... and he was thrilled! I told him how much better the sound is when the Mids are in action. He just couldn't believe it.

Another point for the Yaris and one more day of making me feel good about it... all this work and time on my car. Makes me feel proud of my self. (o:

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:50 AM   #1367
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Congrats bro !
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #1368
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I was hoping you CA'd those thread-serts in.

good news on the test drive!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.