Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
odg495

Drives: Yaris & Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post
Now pull the bumper at the fender liners, there are retaining nubs where it meets the fender, there are also retaining nubs under both head lights. A decent tug will remove it, and lean forward, for lights you do not need to remove lower bolts.
Great, thanks again ... I'll give that a go this weekend.
odg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
DanMC

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris
Hi guys, i like these ebay and amazon kits but has anyone try to fit an LED lights ?...i'm thinking about X Vision they have some of the nicest LED lights and maybe the best out there. They are not cheap...only one little light with aluminum housing can cost easy $120...and two are needed. I'm good with electrical so maybe i may just convince the wife to let me buy a pair ...sure you will have to wire/fuse and fit something not made for a Yaris but hey if they are good for Homeland Security and Nasa they should be good for a Yaris....X Vision has an incredible demo clip on youtube.
Thank you guys,
Dan
DanMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
DanMC

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMC View Post
Hi guys, i like these ebay and amazon kits but has anyone try to fit an LED lights ?...i'm thinking about X Vision they have some of the nicest LED lights and maybe the best out there. They are not cheap...only one little light with aluminum housing can cost easy $120...and two are needed. I'm good with electrical so maybe i may just convince the wife to let me buy a pair ...sure you will have to wire/fuse and fit something not made for a Yaris but hey if they are good for Homeland Security and Nasa they should be good for a Yaris....X Vision has an incredible demo clip on youtube.
Thank you guys,
Dan
Sorry, i meant Vision X
Dan
DanMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
attempting my ebay fog light install today !!! kit came in yesterday, it appears decent quality. my only problem now is the wiring harness, is somewhat of confusing.

The part of the harness that should be fished through the cabin of the vehicle into the dash of the car, it just seems too short to do so...

anybody have any info to help me out here?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
attempting my ebay fog light install today !!! kit came in yesterday, it appears decent quality. my only problem now is the wiring harness, is somewhat of confusing.

The part of the harness that should be fished through the cabin of the vehicle into the dash of the car, it just seems too short to do so...

I PMd you.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
Lerico

Drives: Yaris 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post

If you have the 3rd gen Yaris, the factory fog light harness should be built right in and is taped behind the bumper cover. You do not need to use the included wiring harness.

Here is what I did:
- Removed the bumper cover
- Installed the lights
- Plugged the lights to the factory fog light connectors
- Installed the bumper cover

Went inside my car:
- Removed the lower steering column cover (3 screws)
- Found the headlight control stalk connector
- Used a jumper wire and jump pin 3 and 4, turned on ignition and turned on headlight, the fog light turned on, together with the instrument panel fog light indicator
- All went well, installed the eBay fog light switch by tapping 2 of the wires from the switch onto pin 3 and 4. I have to cut the switch off the eBay wiring harness. My 3rd gen do not need to use the relay, relay controlled by the ECU.

That was it.
Lerico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #25
odg495

Quote:
Originally Posted by odg495 View Post
Great, thanks again ... I'll give that a go this weekend.
Well, we now have undisputed proof that anyone can fit fog lights to a Yaris!

I'll let an auto electrician friend do the final wiring inside, but otherwise, they're ready to go!

Thanks to everyone for their advice and instructions, too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaris foggies.jpg (55.9 KB, 119 views)
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #26
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
ughhh still havent tried it yet.... i hate how work consumes all time.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #27
Rammy

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I bought a pair off of ebay and it was all knock off material. I guess it was ok for $74 including HIDs and shipping. But Im just not sure about the wiring. I guess I could just go for some trial and error but its a little too shady. I put the actual lights in last night and Im going to try the wiring right now. BTW, I have no electrical experience so I hope I get this right. The saying "You get what you pay for" is true.
Rammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #28
screenprintr

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Lerico's instructions sound pretty simple.

Lerico, which lights did you buy, and if you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them?
screenprintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #29
odg495

Quote:
Originally Posted by odg495 View Post
Well, we now have undisputed proof that anyone can fit fog lights to a Yaris!

I'll let an auto electrician friend do the final wiring inside, but otherwise, they're ready to go!

Thanks to everyone for their advice and instructions, too!
Let there be light! Fogs all wired up, plus we threw on some driving lights while we were at it ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yogo lights.jpg (227.0 KB, 78 views)