Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #2269
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Be careful with patents.

Also, does your idea include the ability for the speaker inside the pillow to self-correct itself to face up?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #2270
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Be careful with patents.

Also, does your idea include the ability for the speaker inside the pillow to self-correct itself to face up?
No, the speakers are not inside the pillow, I'll send you a picture of the concept idea.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #2271
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
No big or small, that is what Kicker want's... 0.66 cuft (period) no more, no less.
D.
Usually, the box volume is based on the cone diameter + excursion.
( adjusted for peak target frequency )

Some high-excursion 10's like a 1cf sealed box. ( MOST call for .75 )

But hey.... everyone knows that. So i'm just thinking out loud again.

__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #2272
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Yaris Sedan Deadening and Sound system upgrade

It looks like I'll be selling my high-end speakers. The owner of the sound shop here locally that I originally bought the speakers from said he has a buyer. If that doesn't work out and I put them on eBay.

I'm looking at a nice little revolver I want to get with that money...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #2273
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I can't say more how pleased and happy I'm with my Yaris, it came out really good.

It's a great commuter car, 40+ MPG, soft quiet ride, fast enough to keep up with traffic, looks good, handles great and sounds awesome!

If I had to change cars for a new one, I would be in deep trouble, I like my little ride that I can't see a substitution for a long while.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #2274
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
I can't say more how pleased and happy I'm with my Yaris, it came out really good.
It's a great commuter car, 40+ MPG, soft quiet ride, fast enough to keep up with traffic, looks good, handles great and sounds awesome!
If I had to change cars for a new one, I would be in deep trouble, I like my little ride that I can't see a substitution for a long while.
D.
Yeah, you spent so much time sound-deadening it.... you can't ever get rid of it!

__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #2275
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Mantis View Post
Yeah, you spent so much time sound-deadening it.... you can't ever get rid of it!

You are right! I can't get rid of it... what I need is a "winter car"

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #2276
dragoonmc
 
Drives: 07 hatchback
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 118
What all are you selling SQ?
dragoonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #2277
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm looking at getting rid of my Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia SE 641 pro set. It's high dollar, even below cost. My four channel amp is already on eBay and I've already sold and shipped my old pair of autographed L8 mid bass woofers.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #2278
dragoonmc
 
Drives: 07 hatchback
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 118
Yeah There is no way I can afford their top of the line stuff. I wasn't think when I asked
dragoonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #2279
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Hey guys!
I'm in the tropics right now visiting family and friends, (here in Guatemala) you wouldn't believe how many Yaris sedans drive around here, I see 1 in every corner!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 AM   #2280
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
@sqcomp, @Alien: Moved off topic stuff to this thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43389
__________________
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #2281
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
In Guatemala there is a Yaris sedan in every block, way too many...




D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #2282
MyzticZ3r0
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 322
Is the front window tinted or is it just the angle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
In Guatemala there is a Yaris sedan in every block, way too many...




D.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #2283
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
Is the front window tinted or is it just the angle?
It's tinted! most of the cars down here do that! it's a safe feature kind of thing.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #2284
MyzticZ3r0
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
It's tinted! most of the cars down here do that! it's a safe feature kind of thing.

D.
It's a safe feature? Would it be more risky for the law enforcement? It looks great though!
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #2285
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4
 
JumpmanYaris's Avatar
 
Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SO. INDIANA
Posts: 4,777
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Hey guys!
I'm in the tropics right now visiting family and friends, (here in Guatemala) you wouldn't believe how many Yaris sedans drive around here, I see 1 in every corner!

D.
Just like in PuertoRico lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07gt
All of your junk is slow and you couldn't regulate the backside of my ballsack if I gave you an AR15 and 13 border patrol agents.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #2286
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I'm Back!



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.