Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #2557
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Loll @4 post.

You guys just need to stop being social ! Bwahahaha!
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #2558
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
You mean the dc to DC box? AND you want to hide the source itself?

What do you want in it's place, the stock unit? You'll want some reference to see what's happening though...

Give me more thoughts on what you want.
I would like to put the main head unit "box" inside the glove-compartment and the Face of the head unit some where in the dashboard.

similar to this setup:





D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:43 AM   #2559
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Fall is here....



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #2560
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
You're lucky D. You have seasons. Down here in South Tx we have Summer then around Nov. We have Summer/Winter. Basically you leave in the a.m bundled and use the a/c on the way home.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #2561
MyzticZ3r0
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 322
That is one gorgeous area - we only have winter/summer here in Vegas as well. It snows here once every five or ten years, but if we want snow, we head to Mt charleston or somewhere in Cali.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #2562
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I don't know of an inexpensive or plug and play way to convert the P-99 to that setup.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #2563
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladamafia View Post
After reading this thread for a while I sure do miss something from another forum I read sometimes, where the worklog only get posts from the creator, and comments to the worklog happens in a seperate thread. Its fun to see the progress in the pictures and explenations, but i sort of loose a bit of interest having to browse trough the numerous posts from other people.
I was hoping to see more than 4 posts here from ladamafia,

Most of the time YW members PM me with direct questions, I do have in other forums my build without the everyday log.

Some are public some are private, but YarisWorld always gets the best honest, useful information.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #2564
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
D,

Heads up, if you're going to compete IASCA next year, make it happen. I attended the finals again this year...as a spectator this time. It was good to see everyone on the West Coast team with some new additions.

The bottom line is, the cars haven't become "better". There's only so much you can do to certain platforms. I'm here to tell you, the potential of the Yaris hasn't been fully realized yet.

What you need to do is not get your P99 to die the night before finals and get better than 4th in the world in Pro/Am. Then you top me...I know you can do it...I want you to do it mang...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #2565
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
D,

Heads up, if you're going to compete IASCA next year, make it happen. I attended the finals again this year...as a spectator this time. It was good to see everyone on the West Coast team with some new additions.

The bottom line is, the cars haven't become "better". There's only so much you can do to certain platforms. I'm here to tell you, the potential of the Yaris hasn't been fully realized yet.

What you need to do is not get your P99 to die the night before finals and get better than 4th in the world in Pro/Am. Then you top me...I know you can do it...I want you to do it mang...
Oh! I'm so confident that if I compete again it would be a complete KO!

How did the Bit 1 worked for you?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #2566
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Oh! I'm so confident that if I compete again it would be a complete KO!
D.
Forgot!... if Judges are my size lol


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #2567
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
If one had more space to listen, like a room, the height wouldn't be so much of a factor.

The bit one was very easy to learn and operate. Audison is making it better and better with all the add on values like Bit Tune. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again...DO NOT modify the piece!!! I cannot stress this enough. There is no reason to modify it. That modification of the Bit One cost me a world championship and I'll never forgive the team for not informing me of the near 100% failure rate of the modded pieces...I found that out the hard way.

Just one of the several reasons I'm not with Team Hybrids anymore. Good ethics are completely foreign to the team leadership and brand ownership.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #2568
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Another Fall picture... and a friend!



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #2569
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Why Derick...What is that?

*feigning suprise*
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #2570
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Why Derick...What is that?

*feigning suprise*
That's a CLS (belongs to one of the owners of the company that I work for)
that car is huge outside but smaller than the Yaris in the inside at least the Pilots seat. lol

no surprises for now, just a picture with leaves and a dream car.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #2571
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I got some kids-Halloween music 4 my kids, thought about running the tracks in the Yaris!

AWESOME! lots of special effects that make the ride such an experience!




Some car-audio enthusiasts from Massachusetts are planning to have another meet.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #2572
JimKellyfan
 
JimKellyfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: the good Carolina
Posts: 173
I was curious as to why not running a huge patch of dynamat or imitation dynamat across areas (covering all but tubes in doors, etc.) ? Instead you had small patches here and there...Curious ?
On another note, (I want to dynamat know my doors for obvious reasons), but before I did, I wanted to let you (and others) that I put two cans of 3M undercoating on my underside (floor pans/ metal parts of wheel wells) with dramatic noise deadening improvement. For an even better coat, let dry and hit with two more cans. (I am just going with 2 for now), until I get my speakers and dynamat and see what that does for it, sound deadening wise.
__________________
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #2573
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKellyfan View Post
I was curious as to why not running a huge patch of dynamat or imitation dynamat across areas (covering all but tubes in doors, etc.) ? Instead you had small patches here and there...Curious ?
Depending on your goal, trying to minimize road noise or deadening your car for big BASS system.

If minimizing road noise is your goal, it's better to use a thick material what I call CLD Tiles (to control reverberations) only require 25-30% of coverage from a flat metal area + a Layer of CCFoam and a Layer of MLV. (that is good to block road noise)

If your goal is controlling rattles from big BASS Subwoofers, then complete layers of Mat are the way to go, but if you overdue you'll find your self inside a big box like a guitar box where YES you block the road noise and control rattles but the reverberation will create other noises, just like inside a guitar.

I did a combination of both where in some areas I'm aiming at blocking noise (road noise) and some other areas to prevent rattles from the BASS.

Take in mind that a system of CLD Tiles (only covering 30% of the metal flat surface) + CCFaom + MLV is about the same as 3 or 4 layers of MAT when your goal is Blocking Road Noise.

Here is a good source of information regarding Deadening just follow the LINK


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #2574
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
In other words when I put small patches means that I'm covering 30% of a flat metal area to control reverberations, as part of a system to block road noise.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.