![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08G2T Prius Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 163
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris HB MT Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 100
|
No dude, THANK YOU!!! I am so happy you got it running good finally, and that there seems to be a noticeable difference. Looking at the two throttle bodies side by side, you would think there would have to be. The stock TB is so small!
Anyways, this has been a great thread to follow, and I know I can speak for the entire community when I say thanks for posting so often and clearly about the issues and wins you have been having. These threads help us all out. Again, congrats, and I can't wait to see what this sucker does on the dyno. Please post a vid with audio! I bet she screams! |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
1NZ-6spd
Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,967
|
Awe the video ends just before the climax!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
Quote:
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
Quote:
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
Hey Garm,
![]() What's a servo, and how do you swap it? Is that what was being referred to as a "chip"? There were so many different proceedures with wildly varying and inconsistent results it was truly mind bending just trying to make it through that long thread. ...and, by the way, is there anyone here who is actually running a normally aspirated 1ZZ throttle body that works properly? I'd love to hear from you how you did it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
^ yeah, it's that black plastic end piece that is attached with rivets. You drill them out, and swap them so your 1NZ one is on the 1ZZ throttle body. You'll need some small screws or bolts with nuts to install.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
Thanks, Garm.
![]() I thought that might be what it was, but wasn't totally sure. I've just been reading up more about the same 1ZZ to 1NZ throttle body swap on a Scion forum so as to be totally familiar with all the issues before I actually start on the project. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
1ZZ throttle body came in today...
![]() ![]() ...so it's off to the workshop to strip it and bead blast it to make it look like new.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
#1 Lemming
Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 760
|
What part number on the TB?
Nevermind, just saw your post that it's a 030. That's good. Should be plug and play. The only issue I had with mine was some high idling at cold start, but calmed down quickly and didn't throw any CELs. If you got the 031, then you'd need to do a chip swap and adjust the idle screw. Just remember to reset your ECU!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
Quote:
![]() I had already drilled out the rivets for the chip swap, although it turned out fine as I was able to clean out the area where the gears are. I'm searching out some little nuts and bolts to put the chip back on, and other than that, it's all ready to go... ![]() I really like how the micro stainless steel beads don't abraid away the metal surfaces or alter their dimensions, but act like tiny ball peen hammers that pound the surfaces to clean and smooth them out. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
Not wanting to leave anything to chance, I also chipped out the epoxy from the idle adjustment screw just in case I needed to tweak it...
![]() The chip is bolted back on now, so next is step is installation... ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
Already ran into a snag...
The throttle body bore diameter of the Corolla throttle body is 55mm and not 51 mm. I'm still going to run it, and flared out the adapter with a Dremel and reblasted it to accept the larger diameter... ![]() So my question for anyone here who knows... are all of the Corolla throttle bodies 55mm and not 51mm? |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
It's on...
![]() ![]() Now I need to make up an intake that will fit the larger bore. Ediit: Just started it up... Jesus, the engine went nuts! The computer was all over the place wondering what to do. I just let it keep trying to figure out what the hell is going on hoping that it would learn the new idling parameters. It's still idling after about 10 minutes and is down to 900. And when you turn the lights on, it jumps up to 1,100. So it's going to need the idle screw turned down. Now I'm glad I chipped it out so that I don'n need to take off the throttle body. Ran out of daylight, so I'm going to take it for a test run and call it a day. Came back from the test run... plug and play my ass! ![]() The 030 throttle body has every single one of the problems that have ever been described. High idle Hanging throttle position. Erratic high rpms Rough jerking back and forth between throttle and decel. I was damn lucky just to make it back home in one piece. Almost hit a car in traffic. l let off the throttle expecting the car to slow down and it decides to do one of those sudden 3,000 rpm accelerations while wondering what to do. Bottom line... runs liks shit. Last edited by tooter; 01-07-2013 at 09:10 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!
Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 2,332
|
Where did you get 51mm from? I'm looking at my flange template and the mating bore diameter is 56mm. I'm thinking that the butterfly itself is 51?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
Quote:
![]() 51mm is the bore of the Corolla intake manifold. My guess is that Toyota must have gone to a 55mm bore throttle body when they changed to the plastic manifolds. The 55mm throttle body fits fine and there are no butterfly clearance issues because the perimeter of the bore is only 2mm smaller, but this is still an issue I need to resolve. There's plenty of space to flare the adaptor out to 55mm I already did a quickie on one with a Dremel. Greg |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| homemade intake manifold | ttr125fan09 | Performance Modifications | 1 | 02-17-2012 01:09 AM |
| Custom Intake Manifold + Direct Port Nitrous | blacksandiegovitz | Performance Modifications | 9 | 04-21-2010 07:05 PM |
| Turbo Manifold thread | Sabretooth | Forced Induction Forum | 78 | 05-22-2009 06:52 AM |
| turbo manifold build... | joey1320 | Forced Induction Forum | 4 | 06-30-2007 02:26 PM |