Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #91
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
Every generation gets smarter.
I'm not so sure about that.
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #92
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
When everybody learns to replace God or Budha or Allah or whatever with LOVE , the world will be a better place . When is everybody going to realize that Heaven/Hell is right here , right now . Life is what YOU make of it . Life is making decisions on the circumstances that have manifested before you .
We all go through good times and adversities . It is learning to deal with both that makes people strong or weak .

I believe people will eventually discard all religions . All religions are flawed . Personally I think that God , Allah , Budha , Odin , Zeus , and any other "supreme beings" should get together and duke it out . The last one remaining is the one that we should worship . Instead of letting people think that they are doing their God's bidding by killing each other .That is pathetic and weak . But we all know that won't happen . Religion only exist where there is fear/hatred . Love/knowledge will make all religions extinct .

Every generation gets smarter . There is only one permanent thing in this universe ....Changes .
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #93
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Apparently, all those deities are the same when looked at objectively.

I long ago figured that we live Heaven and Hell right here, right now: for me, Heaven was being able to have a handicapped person smile and say thanks for a device I built to make their life easier, Hell was coming home to find my wife gone, blood on the floor, and cops all over the place...

Every generation gets smarter is a generalisation, and it has too much to do with education. As the education system slowly drifts away into secularism, free thinking becomes more acceptable. The bad side of that is that not everyone thinks about those whose circumstances are worse than ours. Education (IMHO) cannot be enhanced by enforced religious exposure!
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote