Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #127
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxer View Post
Same question as above, including the OEM Stalk CC Pin Kit, and Cruise Control Indicator Module. Please send PM. Thanks
PM sent
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #128
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
Interested in purchasing

Do you still have any these?
07 sedan m/t. Cost as well. Thanks
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #129
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylard View Post
Do you still have any these?
07 sedan m/t. Cost as well. Thanks
Yes. PM sent.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #130
nortonfb
 
Drives: 2007
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: motown
Posts: 339
Please send me the pricing & payment info also.
I have a 2007 hatch. Does your kit include everything necessary?
Thanks
Nortonfb
68 Norton fastback
(Steve)
nortonfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #131
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonfb View Post
Please send me the pricing & payment info also.
I have a 2007 hatch. Does your kit include everything necessary?
Thanks
Nortonfb
68 Norton fastback
(Steve)
PM Sent. The kit includes everything necessary, other than the tools to do the install.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #132
z0mb13k1ll
 
z0mb13k1ll's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Dodge Challenger
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
Posts: 44
ive got a 2007 sedan, can you pm me with the price and what i would have to do to install? thanks
z0mb13k1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #133
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mb13k1ll View Post
ive got a 2007 sedan, can you pm me with the price and what i would have to do to install? thanks
PM sent
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #134
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
Super fast shipping, install not too bad, fishing the wires was def the hardest part. But I cant seem to get it to function on my 07 m/t sedan. I have tried rechecking all the connections and triple check the clutch switch to ensure it is fully pressed in when the my foot is off the clutch pedal.
Any suggestions of what to check?
My wire coming out of pin 40 on the ECM is hooked up and ran through the firewall. I connected this directly to the wire coming out of the slot 1 of the D3 connector. Is this ok or do I need a different wire? If so what is it where do I get it
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #135
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylard View Post
Super fast shipping, install not too bad, fishing the wires was def the hardest part. But I cant seem to get it to function on my 07 m/t sedan. I have tried rechecking all the connections and triple check the clutch switch to ensure it is fully pressed in when the my foot is off the clutch pedal.
Any suggestions of what to check?
My wire coming out of pin 40 on the ECM is hooked up and ran through the firewall. I connected this directly to the wire coming out of the slot 1 of the D3 connector. Is this ok or do I need a different wire? If so what is it where do I get it
Double check your pin 1 and pin 2 locations per my DIY (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33750)

Also, with the ignition switch in the ON position, you can measure the voltage on the pin1 wire and will see 12V if it is connected properly. (Pin 1 is the one that goes to pin 40 on the ECM connector).

Also, double check your pin 40 to make sure you didn't install it on the opposite side of where it belongs.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #136
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
Checked pin 1 and 2 and Im happy with them. Rechecked pin 40 also happy with that.

Checked the voltage. I put my red lead on the connection between the pin 1 wire and the pin 40 ecm wire. Then I put my black lead on the bolt where pin 2 from the d3 connection is mounted. I get 12 v with the ignition turned on. Holding and toggling the cruise on/off switch does NOT make change and still reads 12 volts.

Where the pin 2 wire is mounted there is a black lead already connected to that, I just added on the pin 2 wire and put the bolt back on.
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #137
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylard View Post
Checked pin 1 and 2 and Im happy with them. Rechecked pin 40 also happy with that.

Checked the voltage. I put my red lead on the connection between the pin 1 wire and the pin 40 ecm wire. Then I put my black lead on the bolt where pin 2 from the d3 connection is mounted. I get 12 v with the ignition turned on. Holding and toggling the cruise on/off switch does NOT make change and still reads 12 volts.

Where the pin 2 wire is mounted there is a black lead already connected to that, I just added on the pin 2 wire and put the bolt back on.
Ah, the pin 2 wire is the "other side". It is the ground for the system.

The black wire is not pin two. It is in the opposite row from pin 2. In this picture you can see the blue wire in pin 1 and the brown in pin 2:

Conn D3.jpg
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #138
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
My D3 connector looks just like the one pictured. The wires sent are different colors but going off the colors shown in the picture. The blue one connects directly to the A21 pin 40 wire. The brown one goes to a bolt (for grounding).
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #139
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
"4.8. Splice the ECM pin wire to the piece of 18-22 AWG wire using a butt splice or
solder and heat shrink tubing."
Do I really need to do that because the wire you sent me is long enough to reach the D3 connector.
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #140
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylard View Post
"4.8. Splice the ECM pin wire to the piece of 18-22 AWG wire using a butt splice or
solder and heat shrink tubing."
Do I really need to do that because the wire you sent me is long enough to reach the D3 connector.
No. They are long enough to reach with how I ship them now.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #141
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
Got the issue resolved, I now HAVE CRUISE!! Pretty sure this just doubled the value of my car. So happy about this.
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #142
Tylard
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7
And buy your stuff from CTScott. He does all the BS work so you don't have to and everything comes ready to hook up. Fast shipping, good customer service, and it was pretty fricken cheap too. Scotts the man.
Tylard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #143
OldTimer
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2
I ran across this forum while searching for a solution for a Yaris without cruise.
I'm needing to make twice weekly 250 mile trips and unfortunately am finding it
difficult keeping a constant speed with old worn out feet and legs.

I have an 2008 Yaris hatchback (base) with a manual transmission.
Are the cruise control kits still available?
Thanks
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #144
nortonfb
 
Drives: 2007
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: motown
Posts: 339
CT Scott has them. Drop him a PM.
Steve
nortonfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Cruise Control FAQ (2006-2010 Yaris) CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 468 11-19-2024 03:45 PM
DIY - 2009 Cruise Control for $10, without pulling the steering wheel and airbag CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 307 04-04-2023 03:43 AM
Can we do this? (aka The DIY Cruise Control Thread) mrbond DIY / Maintenance / Service 502 07-22-2017 02:57 PM
This is pretty frikken stupid - Yaris '07 LB auto cruise control firemachine69 DIY / Maintenance / Service 10 07-20-2010 08:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.