Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #1
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
My 2zrfe swap

I've been wanting to do this swap for awhile. I planned on doing it back in July of last year, but then my '00 tundra rear axle started leaking, so i had to fix that first instead. I bought a welder and learned to weld and fixed it myself instead of paying someone to do it. Well I had planned on doing this maybe later in the year, but then my exhaust decided to convert itself to a side dump system. So instead of fixing this exhaust only to redo it later when I did swap, is a pain to me. So here I am. Along with the swap, I am doing the Xd front caliper swap, and probably Megan coilovers at the same time. My front brakes are totally shot, and I am pretty sure my rear suspension is bad.

So here are my pics and documentation of how I am doing the swap.

61.JPG The car, and my hobart 210 welder I will be using for the exhaust work.
62.JPG I started by removing the hood
64.JPG And then the front bumper
66.JPG The rebar and front headlights were removed, along with various other small part.
67.JPG Here I have removed the a/c condensor, rad, and rad support. I have also taken out the ECU, battery tray, air box, etc. I think I have most all the connectors disconnected at this point to remove the engine harness as one unit with the engine.

I also took off the front brakes today. The fender liners, and under shields were also removed. I plan on taking the fenders off so I can put some sound deadening material on the backside of them.

I am taking this opportunity to clean the engine bay and possibly spray it gloss black while everything is out.

I am contemplating swapping in the Xd brake master cylinder, while I can actually get to it. I am planning putting an optima yellow top battery inside the car to free up some engine bay space and help with front to back weight balance.

I want the extra space because I hope to turbo this swap someday, and I want to do as much as I can now to prep for it.

So here are few pics of the Yaris S front rotors, Xd front Calipers and brackets. I am using G2 caliper paint on them. Decided to just go gloss black, because I have no idea what color my exterior might end up being, not to mention, I do like the sleeper look. Nice without drawing to much attention.

bracket.JPG
caliper.JPG
rotor.JPG

For tools I am using a mechanic set of sockets and ratchets I bought from Sears, a Ryobi 1/2 impact One+ gun, Kobalt impact sockets from Lowes, floor jack, jack stands, and assorted other pliers and small hand tools. I will try to keep the tool list updated as I go to let everyone know what it takes to do this.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote