Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
FS: OEM Toyota Vios Turbo Kit

This is a genuine Toyota OEM turbo kit for the Vios (2003-2007) with the 1NZ-FE engine. A limited number of these kits were sold in Thailand.

This kit should be a direct bolt-on for first generation Yaris Sedans, Yaris Liftbacks, and Echos. The kt includes an incredible number of parts including the turbo, manifold, intercooler, air, water and oil piping, oil filter adapter, fuel injectors, spark plugs, thermostat, gaskets, hardware, and emissions labels.

I purchased this kit from MicroImage last year, intending to install it in my 09 Yaris Liftback. I test fit the turbo, manifold, Intercooler and air piping on Crashy to determine the compatibility of the kit with 2nd generation (2006-2011) Yaris.

Their are some differences between the 1st and 2nd generation Yaris that will require some modifications to this kit to allow it to work on a 2nd generation Yaris:
1. Intake location - The 1st gen Yaris had the Air intake and battery positions swapped versus the 2nd gen. The kit includes piping to mate to the 1st gen airbox, but use of an aftermarket air intake easily resolves the issue for 2nd gen.

2. Manifold to exhaust connection - Although the stock 2nd gen manifold and the kit's manifold are almost identical in length, position of the connection to the exhaust, and diameter of the connection, the flange is a bit different. The 1st gen flange's bolt holes are closer together than the 2nd gen. An adapter plate could be fabricated to resolve this.

3. No O2 sensor bung on the manifold - The 1st gen only had one O2 sensor, so this kit lacks the bung for the O2 sensor on the manifold. For using this kit with a 2nd gen, the manifold could potentially be drilled and tapped for the 2nd sensor, or a bung could be added to the exhaust pipe, close to the flange. Also, if standalone management is used, the 2nd sensor could potentially be eliminated.
I did quite a bit of research after purchasing the kit, attempting to find documentation on it, but the only thing I was able to locate was the diagram below.

I am selling it because I just don't have the time to work through the install for my 09, and I recently purchased a Blitz Supercharger for a quick install.

I paid $2600 for the kit and am asking the same amount for it. Shipping will be between $50 and $100 in the US. I am willing to ship it outside of the US and can find out the shipping cost to do so upon request.

Pictures:

All of the parts included with the kit:

A picture of one of the kits mounted on a 1st gen Yaris:

The diagram:

The Turbo and manifold:

Test fit of the intercooler and air piping on Crashy:

Test fit of the manifold with the turbo on Crashy:

Comparison of the kit's manifold to Crashy's 08 manifold:

Comparison of the exhaust flange of the kit versus Crashy's 08:

Tags
kit, turbo