Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Chocobo87

Drives: 2012 Blazing Blue Yaris(Auto)
Lighten weight. (HB)

What would you guys recommend to take out for weight for better FE?

Backseats? Spare tire? Suggestions? ^_^

Thanks!
Chocobo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
everything you can or don't need. you could completely gut the car, bare metal. me i will leave it as it is, if i wanted better FE i could've picked up an IQ.
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Chocobo87

Drives: 2012 Blazing Blue Yaris(Auto)
Yeah I wanted a good car to haul stuff from time to time.
Chocobo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaru Steve View Post
everything you can or don't need. you could completely gut the car, bare metal. me i will leave it as it is, if i wanted better FE i could've picked up an IQ.
iq is rated a bit worse, but if you have an echo you get better gas mileage than both.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
broody

Drives: Yaris 3dr 2009
The improved fuel economy isn't worth the loss of comfort/look/quietness. They could sell us the yaris with the 1.3vvti and 6 speed gearbox, like in Europe and Japan. The performances would close to the 1.5l with 5mt and the fuel economy a couple of mpg better.
broody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
Could not agree with more guys.Why sacrifice,noise,comfort,and a jack and spare?
Just change your driving habits.
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
for the extra half gallon maybe 1 gallon if your lucky, why sacrifice it ??? just ride and ride and comfortably. i honestly doubt you'll save that much from taking the back seat out or the sound deadening material from a car that was just released from the factory a few months back....

i can understand if the car was 10 or more plus years old , but why fuck with a brand new car?? i mean we are all driving toyotas.... not honda civics for christ's sake.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
I here theres 2012 oem parts for sale!
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
gut your backseat and trunk. I have managed to rip out about 100 lbs worth of uselessness. But my car is now much louder and less functional.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

yea, why mod cars at all, it is just too much effort... Lets all run stock only and ignore any one else who mods cars for fun. Screw them, they must be mentally ill...
-----------------
I don't find there to be too much noise at all. That is what a stereo is for. I agree with taking out everything. I'd prefer to have a spare tire and a jack, but i still haven't taken the time to find one that would fit the 14's I have on it now.

Besides that though, lighter wheels help, the pulleys help, the flywheel would also probably help. etc, etc, etc. Trade everything you can for lighter parts.

And also learn to drive differently. Driving for gas mileage is completely different than just driving for fun. The FE forum has a ton of different ideas and ways to get much better gas mileage out of the car.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Drives: 2012 Yaris 3-door w/5-speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaru Steve View Post
Ummm...not with that lame CVT in the North American market. There are real owners driving 2012s, and getting 42mpg highway. Only a manual tyranny-equipped IQ could begin to touch numbers like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I gave the IQ a long, hard look before pulling the trigger on the Yaris. The fact is is more expensive, gets worse MPG, doesn't offer a proper manual transmission, and looks like a Chuck Taylor All-Star shoe cut in half all drove me to the 2012 Yaris instead.

Oh, and I am a badge snob--I would not be caught dead in a "Scion". The drivers they attract I chose not to associate with at all costs.

My car has a nice chrome "T" on the hood and rear hatch, just as it's supposed to.
CanIHazYarisHatch? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
yea, why mod cars at all, it is just too much effort... Lets all run stock only and ignore any one else who mods cars for fun. Screw them, they must be mentally ill...
-----------------
I don't find there to be too much noise at all. That is what a stereo is for. I agree with taking out everything. I'd prefer to have a spare tire and a jack, but i still haven't taken the time to find one that would fit the 14's I have on it now.

Besides that though, lighter wheels help, the pulleys help, the flywheel would also probably help. etc, etc, etc. Trade everything you can for lighter parts.

And also learn to drive differently. Driving for gas mileage is completely different than just driving for fun. The FE forum has a ton of different ideas and ways to get much better gas mileage out of the car.
i didn't say that much asswipe..... i don't see the logic in stripping down a BRAND NEW cars interior for weight savings. if anyone wanted a full blown track car why not buy an older car and do that.

also the yaris only does make 106 hp stock. its not exactly meant to be tracked. it's made for fuel economy with hp numbers like that
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
i didn't say that much asswipe..... i don't see the logic in stripping down a BRAND NEW cars interior for weight savings. if anyone wanted a full blown track car why not buy an older car and do that.

also the yaris only does make 106 hp stock. its not exactly meant to be tracked. it's made for fuel economy with hp numbers like that
in other words you just said exactly what i typed.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I am a badge snob--I would not be caught dead in a "Scion". The drivers they attract I chose not to associate with at all costs.
That's a shame. I had a Scion tC before the Yaris, and I know you'd like me and want to hang out with me.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Ever heard of "stock class", asswipe? <--- your word.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
in other words you just said exactly what i typed.
your just a cool motherfucker....
Old 03-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post

Makes no sense to me either... But there is a large contingent of people betting on B-Spec (based on stock engined Yaris, Fit, Mini, Fiesta, 500, 2 and others) to be a big hit in Pro (World Challenge and Grand Am) and Amateur (SCCA, BMWCCA and others) racing.

We like ours with a bit more punch so we converted to Production class specs where we can play with the engine, suspension and chassis more.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #18
skuzzlebutt5

Drives: '12 Yaris SE Classic Silver AT
that red yaris looks fucking sick!>!!
skuzzlebutt5 is offline   Reply With Quote