Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
NineKyle

Drives: '08 Toyota Yaris
Horn Problems

My horn is not working.. I have browsed endless pages on the Internet and found no solution.. It isn't the wheel because the relay makes a clicking noise, changed the fuse, tried a different horn. Now I'm stuck. Anybody have any suggestions? We did a motor swap on this when I bought it.. Not sure if it was working before or not but certainly isn't now ..

Thanks
NineKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #2
NineKyle

Drives: '08 Toyota Yaris
UPDATE

I put a test lamp on the plug that runs from car to the horn and connected it to my negative terminal on the battery. When I pressed the horn the test lamp lit. This means that it is not car-side that is messing up but horn side. What are the chances of going to pick a used horn off a damaged Yaris and getting another one that doesn't work? Is it possible the plug is making a bad connection?
NineKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #3
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Try connecting the + and - of the horn itself to the + and - of the battery. If it makes a sound, the horn is fine, too. Then it's the connection somewhere.
If you go to a salvage yard, you can pick a horn from almost any Toyota - it doesn't have to be a Yaris. Just bring your broken one and compare.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Nine,

Not to blow my own horn.....................................chortle, chortle, chortle.

If it turns out to be the horn, I refer to my thread on my Fiamm El Grande install. If you're going to go to the trouble of replacing the horn spend $20 and get a horn, not a road runner impersonator, jmho.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51510.

cheers.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The small wire that goes from the harness to the horn is probably the issue. You can pop the plastic holders at the top of the bumper to give yourself enough play to get to it. On one of my Yaris, which had some front end damage before I acquired it, the wire looked to be intact, but it turned out that the wire was broken within the insulation.