Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
2015 September Yaris Sales: Down

Well, the streak had to end sometime. September 2015's Yaris sales were down, albeit only by 2% marking the first decline in nine months for the Yaris (vs. the previous month).

Toyota moved 586 Yaris models in September. Year-to-date sales are still up 50.3% with 15,535 units sold year to date.

Full details here:

http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...car-sales.html
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Thanks for those numbers. I am one of those 586 people.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:39 AM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Well, the streak had to end sometime. September 2015's Yaris sales were down, albeit only by 2% marking the first decline in nine months for the Yaris (vs. the previous month).

Toyota moved 586 Yaris models in September. Year-to-date sales are still up 50.3% with 15,535 units sold year to date.

Full details here:

http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...car-sales.html
LOL, one of the ugliest cars ever made (2016 Scion iA) sold 4x as many units in September. Must be the "new" factor combined with a large influx of inventory.

Toyota hardly even stocks the Yaris @ their dealerships, so I'm not surprised really that their numbers are always so minuscule compared to the Honda Fit, etc. Hell, the Nissan Versa is KILLING the Yaris in sales, with 36x more units sold in Sept. I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
LOL, one of the ugliest cars ever made (2016 Scion iA) sold 4x as many units in September. Must be the "new" factor combined with a large influx of inventory.

Toyota hardly even stocks the Yaris @ their dealerships, so I'm not surprised really that their numbers are always so minuscule compared to the Honda Fit, etc. Hell, the Nissan Versa is KILLING the Yaris in sales, with 36x more units sold in Sept. I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone.
My local dealer sold a 15 black automatic SE Yaris within days of receiving it, YET 4 months have passed and they have yet to have another single one on their lot. And I drive through that lot every couple of days looking at their new inventory and to catch an interior peak at a 2016 Tacoma. Been unsuccessful there too, while other dealers have already sold some. Most Toyota dealers and even Toyota treat the Yaris like the bastard child.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
My local dealer sold a 15 black automatic SE Yaris within days of receiving it, YET 4 months have passed and they have yet to have another single one on their lot. And I drive through that lot every couple of days looking at their new inventory and to catch an interior peak at a 2016 Tacoma. Been unsuccessful there too, while other dealers have already sold some. Most Toyota dealers and even Toyota treat the Yaris like the bastard child.
Based on the unit-sold numbers, it seems like Toyota should take some serious marketing lessons from Nissan on how to sell a subcompact hatchback.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:00 PM   #6
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
Based on the unit-sold numbers, it seems like Toyota should take some serious marketing lessons from Nissan on how to sell a subcompact hatchback.
Starting with their distributors, and that goes for the Scion brand too. You can configure the hell out of the Scion iM if you put in a Denver ZIP code (80209) and you can barely add floor mats with a DFW one (75063).
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Agreed! Nissan is obviously willing to play in the volume game—the only way to actually make money on a subcompact. I wonder why Toyota isn't?

It should be noted that Versa sales include both the Versa Sedan and the Versa Note.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote